Weird Volume Problem?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Pipian, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Pipian macrumors regular

I sometimes use the Volume buttons, but they don't seem to work-- Meaning, I press up or down, and it stays up at the max unless I just mute it....

Once I Reinstalled 10.2, and it still was there...

What is it?

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

No guarantees, but it's worth a try. It won't hurt anything, I promise. Boot your computer while holding command, option, p, r. Let it chime 4 times. Then hold command, option, o, f while booting. When you get to a text prompt, type reset-nvram and press enter. Then type reset-all and hit enter again. The computer will reboot and I'll bet a small amount of money your volume keys will work properly.

3. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

That is weird. My powerbook audio sometimes sets the balance 100% to the right.

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

yeah my PB used to set the balance to the left or right, kinda annoying. i never found out what was causing it, but i haven't really had those problems with 10.3.3

5. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Along the same lines I swiped a pair of speakers from our HP PC at work and plugged them into my G3, the sound is much better than the tiny built in speaker but now the G3 thinks I have headphones plugged into it and the volume is way down, even when everything is at max. On the other hand I have a pair of JBLs I bought on-line for about $10 for my G3 at home and they sound almost as good as my Sansui Rack system (well not really, but they do an adequate job), and I have no volume problems, in fact I can't turn the volume on the speakers past 3/4 without being yelled at :D