Weird Weather

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So we're supposed to get our first snow flurry in Indiana tomorrow and I was using the weather widget to see where things were, also we're under a tornado watch tonight as well.

I've never seen anything like this on the weather widget :eek:

That's a very dramatic front over Iowa and Wisconsin. If anyone is there, what's happening? Is it wet snow or is it sticking?

D

Attached Files:

2. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Huh? That is odd. Being in CT we aren't seeing such odd weather patterns. I'd be very confused as to what to prepare for. Here in New England we get weather that is all accross the board but your situation takes the cake. I remember once in April really warm spring-time weather and the BOOM. Blizzard. But you still take the cake on this one:D

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Set the weather widget to record weather for some extended time (say 16-24 hours) and watch it move... should be cool (it's under advanced settings).

4. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I had to download the newer version and set it for 24 hours - that will be very cool. Thanks.

D

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Woaa... maybe its that freeze like in the Day After Tomorrow... ANd nobody's reporting on it because they're all DEAD.

(And new powerbooks tuesday.)

6. sarae macrumors 6502

I'm in downtown Madison, and it's just sprinkling right now. It's been raining all day long. Supposedly we're going to get that delightful rain/snow mix later on ...

And naw, we're not all dead. It's only 33 degrees F!

7. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

I was thinking the same thing. Tornadoes and 70 F...three days...Winter Storm and 30 F. It was raining light-to-heavy from this morning; it changed to snow (very wet) at about 12:30p local time here, then accumulated to about and inch so far (in central Iowa). Now it's mainly just icy sleet (which might be worse come tomorrow morning) that's being blown really hard by the winds. It's really going to suck for the people of Woodward who have to clean up/repair their town after getting nailed by that tornado on Saturday.

Teens for temps tonight and we're not even supposed to get above 30 F for tomorrow's high. *shudder*

8. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Central Wisconsin

Well, when you had that radar image it was raining. Then a bit later it started sleeting, got a nice thick coat of ice. Then, we got about 6 inches of snow. Now we have sustained 28 MPH winds with gusts of up to 53 MPH. Temp is 18 with windchill of -3. Low is supposed to get down to 4 tonight.

It feels like the Day After Tommorow. Really.

Also, sorry about the huge pic. I can't reduce it without making it totally pixelated. I was not about to go outside to take one.

[​IMG]

9. iGary Guest

iGary

We have part of a big front coming through here today as well. No tornado stuff, but thunderboomers.

10. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wow - it was 65 yesterday here (with rain and wind) and now today its 30 and snow flurrying.

Luckily, we didn't get any tornados...

D

11. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Updated with pic.

Anderson, hope you don't get the same crap we had here: roads are bad. They plowed them because for some reaosn it warmed to 35 this morning, but now that it got cold again the roads iced over and snow is blowing around all over them. Totally sucks.

12. emw macrumors G4

emw

Snow flurries and windy here in Chicago area as well. November isn't usually this windy, but we've had gusts approaching 50mph several days in the past 4, and steady winds in the 20-40mph range. Hopefully that will end before my race on Sunday.

I guess all the nice weather had to end sometime. :(

13. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

In Houston, it went from beautiful and hot to raining and disgusting, then back to hot and humid ALL IN LESS THAN AN HOUR!

Yesterday, the high was 86, and now it's 64. I've been wearing 2 sweaters, gloves, and my scarf.. all day. All. Day. Even inside. Because it's cold. Inside.

/SISSY
    //Summer in SF, I WAS FREEZING
    ///Jacket'd in AUGUST
    ////boats are cold

14. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Oh, poor you. 64 and you need a sweater and SCARF? Me, I would slap on the t-shirt and shorts if you gave me that.

15. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Y'all should come out and visit us here in southern Arizona. Mid 80's and sunny all day. Yep this is our reward for surviving 110+ temperatures all summer.

16. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I don't know - I think we've had our share of fluctuations as well lately. Just no snow...yet.

Monday -70 & sunny
    Tuesday - 45 & rainy
    Wednesday - 65 & overcast
    Thursday (forecast) - 40's again

We had a fire drill at work on Tueday, which made me pissy. Instead of doing it on one of the warm days, they had us stand outside in a cold rain for a 1/2 hour...

17. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I didn't know it could do that! Maybe I'll try downloading the newer version like Mr. Anderson.

Speaking of that, I thought the weather widget could be set to show motion. Like if it is raining, the rain drops move/fall. Mine never has done that though. Was I imagining that?

18. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

You sound like my cousins from Florida when they come to Connecticut. It will be 75 or 80 at night - I'll be sweating and they are looking for jeans & sweaters...it's all what you grow used to I guess...

19. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

Or like the Hollywood guys out here when filming "Bridges of Madison County"...it hits 65 F and they all start wearing ponchos with their shorts. :D

20. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
  21. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

At my School apartments they had a 9 pm fire drill and we all had to stand in the cold rain. Right now for Bellingham it is low clouds w/little fog and a little rain.

22. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Today it was almost 70 degrees and humid here, which is quite warm weather for mid-November.

23. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    it's HOT here in l.a. today.

such a drag...i really love fall and last year was just perfect.

mid-november and i'm in shorts,t-shirt and flip flops. blah!

24. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Well today we had our first snow, as usual 99% of the people were acting like they have never seen it before. I hate snow. It also doesnt help that I only had a short sleeve shirt for today.:rolleyes: The one day I dont watch the forcast in the morning.

25. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

snow flurries all day today, overcast, windy as all hell, up to 40 mph... temp of 25, but feels like its 9 out... yeah.... and to think it was beautiful on saturday and sunday considering its november.... had ice on my windshield this morning too. :(