Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
So I have a 2.0ghz unibody macbook, and it seems when I am surfing the internet, suddenly pages don't load.. So i'll be browsing and it works fine, but then suddenly things stop loading, and I have to close the browser and re-open it. It isnt a problem from my router or internet connection because it works with all my pc's around the house.. any solutions or tips I can do? All this time the wireless bars remain the same, so its not completely disconnecting.. the issue is intermittent and doesn't always happen.. another issue i'm having is that i keep getting the beach ball of doom when im surfing in safari, i get it like every few seconds - minutes and it lasts for like 10-15 seconds each time

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
I found this issue present in Safari 4 Beta moving to Firefox improved my speed. But I still can't leave Safari, it seems so much easier to use. What version are you using? (I never used Safari 3 for long periods of time)

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
yeah its safari 4.. but this issue also occurs in firefox. not the freezing, but the internet slowdowns

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.