Weirdest finder problem in finder ever (panther)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TreeHugger, May 2, 2005.

1. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

since yesterday I have come across the weirdest issue with the finder that has occurred to me so far.
    the little arrows (forward and back button) the different view option buttons and the smart wheel button are not the default silver color anymore! instead they are a more beige or nicotine kind of color.
    now here's the interesting part - when I crtl click the tool bar in the finder and select to show the icons with text it displays the icons in the correct color until i make a move in the finder and then its back to the weird color....
    is there anything I can do aside from trashing finder and sidebar plists, and repairing permissions? (already have done these more than once to no avail)

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

install any hacks or anyone using your computer install a hack? Like a theme or something?

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Not as weird as being able to resize and move the finder windows AT THE SAME TIME! If you think that is odd, wait until you can do it yourself. You'll be positively flabbergasted.

4. TreeHugger thread starter macrumors 6502

nope. i did not install a theme or a hack. sophos anti-virus did however find 6 java based viruses last night which I deleted. reran the virus scan and none found. Here is the result of the virus scan: (i'm not sure if any of the errors might be causing the problem)

Error: Unable to scan encrypted file
    Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Add-Ins:Analysis Tools:FuncRes

Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Add-Ins:Analysis Tools:procDBRes

Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Add-Ins:Eurotool.xla

Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Add-Ins:Report Manager

Error: Could not open file
    Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Sophos Anti-Virus:.com.sophos.autoupdate

Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Sophos Anti-Virus:.com.sophos.autoupdate.secure

Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Sophos Anti-Virus:.com.sophos.intercheck

Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Sophos Anti-Virus:.com.sophos.intercheck.secure

Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Sophos Anti-Virus:.com.sophos.sophosserver

Macintosh HD:private:tmp:slp_ipc

Macintosh HD:private:var:run:mDNSResponder

Macintosh HD:private:var:run:pppconfd

Macintosh HD:private:var:run:syslog

Error: File is corrupted
    Macintosh HD:System:Library:Frameworks:python.framework:Versions:2.3:lib:python2.3:test:testtar.tar

5. TreeHugger thread starter macrumors 6502

my solution

Ok, I found a way to solve my problem: Reinstall Panther. Not a clean install but just a reinstall. May have been a bit extreme but oh well, it worked :)