Weired Speaker Problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Felldownthewell, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Hey guys, I'm back with another odd question.

When in Windows a red light shines out of my headphones port. Even odder, when I plug in my Quiet Comfort 2s, the sound comes though them, but it also comes through the speakers on my MBP. This normally would not be a problem, except that when I play HL2, my mom always goes "Who is Screaming?" or my sister runs away because she is scared. Or my dad gives me odd looks. So I was just wondering what was going on and how I could fix it.

Unlike last time, I searched the forums for a similar problem, but couldn't find one, so I appologize if this has come up before.

2. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

Check your System Preferences/Sound and uncheck any external speakers other than your headphones, when playing HL2 or whenever you are listening on headphones.

3. skillz1318 macrumors regular

to shut off that light you need to go into control panel then into audio drivers setup and turn off digital out i think...this is when in xp, as for sound playing in both speakers and headphones that is a known issue and you need to manually go into volume control and turn off speakers....