1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Welcome screen varies by hardware color? (Beta 2)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by scwinsett, Jun 25, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I have a white and a black model of both the iPhone 5 and the iPad. During the transition from the Apple logo to the new welcome screen, I noticed only on the white models of each device that the color was reversed, a black apple on a white screen. Has anyone seen this? Was wondering if this was color-specific to the device? Since I only saw two devices do it, I don't know for sure, but a friend of mine had a white iPhone 5 do the same thing, and I didn't see the black-on-white version on any of my black devices

2. macrumors newbie

I have a white iPhone and yeah the startup screen looks like this:

3. macrumors 6502

Happened on mine as well which is white. i think its pretty cool actually

4. macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

I had the same white bootscreen and I have a black iPhone.

5. macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

Oh bummer. I guess that counters my theory. Strange my black devices didn't display the white version boot screen

6. macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

For me it didnt when I upgraded to Beta 1 for the first time. But when I went back yesterday to update to Beta 2 it showed up.

7. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It COULD be a bug guys. But I have a white iphone and it changed to white on black. It only happens when you update to beta 2

8. macrumors P6

Very likely that's just the initial boot up screen attached to the whole initial welcome and set up (no matter what color the device is).

9. macrumors 6502a

Bawstun

I have a black iPhone and have never seen the white with black logo, yet anyway. Same old black background with white (now flat) apple.

10. macrumors 601

This. I had the white background with the black apple on my black iPhone 5 when I set up both beta 1 and 2 (both restores) but only right before the setup came on.

I still had / have the black bootscreen with the white apple.