Well Fancy That!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Oct 23, 2004.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/st...647171.htm&photoid=20041021BAG116&floc=NW_1-T

Everything seems to be going according to plan. Whose plan is another question...

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Maybe it's one of Baldrick's cunning plans...

"President Bush said on Monday he would grudgingly accept an Islamic fundamentalist government in Iraq."

That's damned good of him considering he won't be around in either a week or so or maybe in a few years time...

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

I just LOVE that "Democracy is democracy" line: how on earth would he know? :confused:

4. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Yup. Everything's coming up turnips... ;)

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This war seems to be proving that nothing is so bad in Iraq that it can't get worse.

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I think Bush should be president of Iraq and we should get someone else.

7. Axeon macrumors member

I think the problem with the currently installed Iraqi government (currently now referred to as "Windows") is that its diversity of citizens (now referred to as "software") don't seem to support the political legitimacy ("drivers") of the current government given the political culture and socialization shaped under past regimes ("prior OS versions").

It'd be really nice if these Windows users found a better OS that handles drivers compatible with all of the software.

Apple. Think Different.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Best idea I've heard all month. :)

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I think the Iraqis have gone through enough...

Perhaps we should fly the whole country's population over here and let them participate in our Democracy to get a feel for it. With the US as the de-facto Leadership over there, they certainly have a vested interest.

We can teach them such valuable lessons such as an Islamic government is allowable, if acheived by Democratic means, but a Liberal government is not.

and so on...

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Gee, you mean they don't like the government we've forced upon them? Like we weren't greeted as liberators, and there were no WMDs? Or ties to Al Qaida?

Maybe France and Germany could invade us, and liberate us from our despotic leader because we have WMDs and ties to Bin Laden. I'm sure Britain would join them. Blair's popularity would suddenly rise up quite a bit. Then they could install Kerry as a puppet while killing thousands of us and saying our system will be just as good as theirs, even if they are having problems. Then, when we protest them, they'll lock us in prisons and abuse our naked bodies with guard dogs. I'll sure they'll act sorry though, even if they never actually say it.

Not that Bush is as bad as Saddam, but... then again, Saddam was not Bin Laden.