Well, I might have to say goodbye pretty soon

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MattG, Jul 13, 2006.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Dude...I don't know how this got past me, but I just found out they're opening two -- *TWO* Apple stores within about 25 miles of where I live. I'm totally going for a part time job at either one of them, and if I get an interview, I guess that means I'll have to quit MacRumors. :(

Nevertheless, I've had this goofy look on my face all day...I'm so excited!

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hopefully you know very little about macs and are a poor salesperson, then you'll be a shoe in! ;)

nah, good luck. but it's probably a little early to say farewell...

3. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Confidence, good quality. Guess I hope not to see you around MR.

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I understand why you would need to quit MR, but would anyone really find out? How would they find out? Are there people that search for stuff like that?

I could understand if it was a position in like R&D but...retail??

I wouldn't quit MR....

5. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

From what I've heard, they do look out for that...even in retail positions. Oh well, I've got a while, I'm just excited. :eek:

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

If I were you I just would never associate your name with your title at the Apple Store, don't claim you work at an Apple Store and stay away from any thread that talks about upcoming products and you should be fine. The people who have gotten fired in the first place were the ones who felt the need to tell someone something that was under a NDA.

On another note, yes I know you have already associated your name with your possibly title, it's just preventing to combine them in the future is probably all that's needed.

jon

7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea, what iJon said, I'm pretty sure no one's going to go lookin online to sabotage your employment at an Apple retail store. But then again, I don't know how many enemies you have <_<