well, I'm back (sort of...)

Discussion in 'Community' started by vollspacken, Dec 28, 2003.

1. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

hi guys,

sorry that I didn't post for such a long time, but I moved back to my university place when fall semester started (I had been living with my parents this summer after graduating from an US college this summer...).

so far, so good... we now have cable/sky dsl in our appartment, but for some wicked reason, muenster university uses a frikken flavor of the notorious VPN-protocol to log into your student account..! aaaaaarrgh

this means, no dhcp plug and surf but annoying configuration...

the bottom line, I use my best friends DSL to get my eMails and do school-stuff (yes, over dhcp) and sometimes check eBay...

I randomly check macrumors, but cannot really follow anything here (exept now over christmas, where I'm at my parents place [wifi i love you :D ])

BUT, as soon as I get my hands on an B&W G3 to install yellow dog linux on and to use as a VPN-gateway server, I'll be back...

vSpacken

oh BTW, my parents gave me my dad's old pc for christmas but I took that as an insult (well, they took THAT as an insult...).

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: well, I'm back (sort of...)

hehe...well at least it's something to use... ;)

regardless...welcome back...sorta...

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sure that you will be succesful. At least your parents were trying to be helpful, in there own way.

Hope that you will enjoy your temporay return, but that your absence will be short.

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

vollspacken --
    Good to hear from you.

Keeping out of trouble? :eek:

All i say is give a person a mac and you can't keep them off the internet.

:D