Well My Mini Was STOLEN... So wait for a flash drive ipod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by whw5, Dec 15, 2004.

1. whw5 macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey guys, I am sad to report that my mini ipod was stolen right out of my bag this week, while I was using the bathroom, in our school locker room.

Needless to say I am suffering severe withdrawl symtoms and I am in dire need of a new ipod. However, I am thinking about waiting for the flash ipod, because I dont want to spring another 250 for a mini. What do you guys think? Is this thing going to be worth waiting for? What are some of the projected prices and storage sizes? Any help is great, and if anyone wanted to send me an ipod for christmas...... :) ;) :D
  2. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    I have a friend who knows that someone's friend knows people at apple and they say that it's not really sure if they will release the ipod flash at all and if the delivery time will be short enough to wait for it, the only thing around this is that you may wait till the keynote and decide yourself, conclusion: I'm really sorry for you and your ipod mini, it will miss you, it sucks that something like this happens, oh and wait till the keynote, less than one month.
  3. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

Jul 28, 2003
    Oh man ... :( i'm sorry to hear. I recently had my 40 gig stolen off my desk at work. It really really sucks, I too went through withdrawl. I personally will get another iPod (20 gig most likely) eventually. But if you don't listen to tons of music and don't mind having a small portion of your library with you the new one will probably work okay. But .. keep in mind we are just speculating about it, no one knows for sure if a flash ipod is really coming out.
  4. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    sorry to hear. :(

my guess is that whatever the new iPod that may or may not come out will be priced higher than "expected" by many. this was the case with the original iPod and also the mini. i'd imagine apple will not release anything cheaper than $200.

if that $50 (compared to a mini) makes a big difference, i'd say wait...

only my guess, though... all i'm saying is that don't expect apple to suddenly release "cheap" devices, so don't wait around expecting a $100 iPod, that's all...