Well Need game suggestings...

Discussion in 'Games' started by BKKloppenborg, May 3, 2005.

1. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

May 2, 2005
    La Mesa, Ca
    Well so far it looks like i am for sure getting a mac which is a completely differnt chage for me from windows i have fixed windows, built them for about 3-4 years now... (18 years old) I know Mac doesn't have as many games as PC.. So what game suggestings do you guys have? I like action, racing, shooters.... I luckly have Diablo 2 Expansion, Starcraft at home that will work with Mac without probelms even though i used PC it says compatible with Mac os...
  2. jakeOSX macrumors regular

Mar 24, 2005
    right now i am playing World of Warcraft non stop. (btw, if you want to play starcraft on OSX go to blizzard's site and download the OSX installer)

as for the others, battlefield 1942, and star wars battle grounds. Halo. AVP2 was a bit buggy, but Elite Forces 2 was good.

Alice is still one of my favorate games.

X2 (space sim) is to be released soon, and vendetta online (MMOSS) is fun too.
  3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    For shooters I would recommend RTCW:ET, it's a free dl. World of Warcraft kicks serious ass, too bad it's about 15$ a month, but from people who own the game, i hear it's worth it. Theres always good old Halo. If you like more of a stealth action shooter, i would recommend just about any Tom Clancy game.
  4. BKKloppenborg thread starter macrumors regular

May 2, 2005
    La Mesa, Ca
    lol yup it does...

How does Warcraft 3, Starcraft, D2 expansion, and Unreal 2004 play on a ibook or powerbook? I am wondering if it would be as good as the one i have now if i put at least 752 in it... (Would add more latter) from a 1-10 plz 10 is being the best...

I am not picky my laptop never lags with that game and its about 2 years old i think... Ram helped ALOT though...
  5. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Feb 1, 2005
    Try Call Of Duty. Do not forget to check Unreal Tournament 2004. There is also Halo (although the mac port is a total crap) quake 3 (old but still playable), Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

If you want a good adventure game try Max Payne. Want a strategy? Try Command & Conquer Generals and its expansion, Age Of Mythology, warcraft 3.

A good link that may help is this .
  6. nagromme macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    UT 2004 is the best buy on the planet if you ask me. I play it on my 15" PowerBook 1.25 Ghz with modem--and even without broadband I still find servers that are fun to play on. (Plus LAN sometimes--it plays Mac vs. PC.)

But I mainly play single-player. Story? No. But you get a HUGE and varied array of game play, and you can play any kind of game you want without having to earn your way through a story. So in some ways lack of story isn't always a weakness.

But the main thing is the TONS of free downloadable add-ons for UT2004. All Mac-friendly! Maps, weapons, vehicles, characters, mutators that change the game in fun ways, and whole new gametypes like Jailbreak (highly recommended). But there are also "total conversion" mods that replace UT with complete other games--even the menus and controls are different.

It's like getting dozens of commercial-quality games for the price of one--and every day there's more added to it.

Recommended add-ons:
    Community Bonus Pack 1 & 2
    Alien Swarm
    Unwheel (driving/racing)
    RedOrchestra (WWII)
    MetaBall (rolling puzzle game)
    Stat Wars Troopers
    Air Buccaneers (flying pirates in blimps)
    Classic Domination
    Excessive Overkill
    Arkon Weapons
    Explosive Frags
    ZoomInstagibExtra or InstaVape
    Aerial View (flying--in all maps--a little like Descent)
    Vehicle Invasion
    Air Power
    Satore Monsters
    Various RPG mods to earn stats/abilities
    Hundreds of individual user-built maps/mutators/mods (and many sites that review and rate them)
    Etc. etc. etc.

All these add-ons have many levels and any one is worth hours of play--on top of the huge number of maps and vehicles the game ships with.

Plus the included Onslaught game is the best vehicle action I've seen. The latest patch adds even more Onslaught maps and vehicles (the "Editors Choice Edition" content--free without having to buy ECE itself).
  7. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Those two will play just fine, though perhaps without all the WCIII eye candy (Starcraft plays just fine and, I suspect, would play well on nearly anything with a CPU in it).
  8. bokdol macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    just download

wolfenstein ET
    america'a army
    for free

great for FPS online fun
  9. stutz macrumors member

Jan 19, 2005
    Go to:

InsideMacGames.com and click on the sneak previews section to see a list of what is about to come out and what has come out over the past few years. The Mac game market has improved exponentially since 2000.

My suggestions are:

Call of Duty (FPS), World of Warcraft (action), MTX Motortrax (racing), Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (action/RPG), and Rainbow Six series (FPS).

10. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Dec 27, 2004
    Avon, IN
    I have been playing WoW for about a week now and I have fallen in love with it. $15 a month does suck to have to pay but it is worth it in my opinion. This is coming form someone who always said they would NEVER pay a montly fee to play a game ;)
  11. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    The other problem with the game is that your life starts to revolve around the game because it's so addicting.
  12. t0ast macrumors member

Sep 29, 2004
  13. TheGimp macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2004
    anywhere, usa

I recommend Lumines, Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure, Mercury, and Untold Legends (since you like Diablo). You will need a $249 PSP to play them, but if you're a mac user in denial, you could just *pretend* you're buying a video card for your mac or something (that's about what they cost). Never need to tweak, lower settings, etc. Just loads of proprietary fun that's *not* coming soon to a Mac near you.

Good luck!

p.s. The psp doesn't really do the fps-type "shooters", but neither does the mac you posted about.

Rev A DP 1.8 2gb ram
    256mb Radeon 9800 SE (useless)

12" PB 1.5 ghz w/ nvidia go5200