Well, that's one way to get rid of the pesky birds...

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Cool, Mother nature at her finest. :D I can't believe that they had 15 pigeons already living in the store. Well less than 15 now... ;)

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's funny. I actually don't live too far from that store.

I guess now I can be sure that when I go there to buy lumber, it won't have pigeon droppings all over it. :D

3. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Hawks are bad-ass...I'd put my girls inside if I saw one circling above ;)

4. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

that... is... AWESOME. especially because it's a protected species and they have to live with it until it runs out of pigeons and leaves of its own accord.

did anyone see the episode of Family Guy where peter grew a beard and an endangered bird nested in it?

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I imagine they're going to have to eventually ensnare it to carry it out. I used to work in a warehouse the size of 4 football fields and doves and pigeons used to fly inside constantly. Our maintenance guy used to go around on his golf cart and shoot at them with a pellet gun. Home Depot stores are pretty large and I'm not sure if this particular store is open 24 hours or not but I doubt this bird is going to be able to find the motion activated doors and fly out on its own.

6. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

"It wasn't a pretty sight," said Terry McGuire, assistant manager. "Some of the customers were upset. Some said it was the neatest thing they had ever seen."

Were they trapped in some kind of slang timewarp or something?

Some ex-employee brought a kestrel into work last year on his arm, he was some rep guy. They told him to leave straight away. No one thought of even muttering the phrase "Proper Bo I tell thee", not even me.

We thought it was funny seeing as one of the guys in our deparment complained near the time about the lack of bird in our office :p

Of course I wish I could have witnessed pigeon hell, I hate those things!!!

7. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Just wait big supplies stores like that will be hiring Falconers to come in and get rid of their birds now.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I was thinking of the Simpson's with the screaming lizard