Well

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by demonx, Nov 7, 2002.

1. demonx macrumors regular

I just did it, a loyal PC Users(12+ years), just made his first apple purchase.

iBook G3 800mhz
    Airport Card
    40gb drive
    256 megs of ram(will upgrade asap but apple memory was way expensive)
    Extra Battery
    Norton Antiirus
    and Off v.x

Coming soon(as money permits)
    Airport Base Station
    :D

2. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

congratulations...i did it exactly one year ago tomorrow. i really couldnt be happier a year later. i got an iBook 600, they had just been refreshed from 500MHz. congrats again.

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Congrats! We welcome you to the light side with open arms :) And nice job with waiting until the new machines were realeased before jumping in.

4. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all,
    That was the hardest part actually the waiting to see if all the rumors were true:p

5. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Nice to see a PC user observe mac-land before switching. That should prepare you some. I've convinced a few PC designer friends to switch and their macs just sat there because they couldn't igure out how to use them. Not sure if they sold them or not, but I'm hopeful you learn the mac and give it a chance. If so, you should be very happy.

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

whoopdeefrickendoo i still don't see why everyone has to share their new computer stories about computers that are normal models from apple...now maybe if you decked out a powermac or found something rare...that would be interesting

7. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

Great attitude you have there:rolleyes:

8. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

...geez...even when ppl SWITCH from pc to a powermac..ppl stay that sort of stuff...
    switching from pc to mac is kinda like an adventure :p....

9. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

Now im just waiting, I keep checking the Order Status Page every hour or so lol:p

The extra battery, office V.X, and Norton Antivirus have already shipped out on Friday(I placed the order on thursday). But the iBook has not, does anyone know if apple works(builds, ships etc) all through the weekend? Im hoping to have my new iBook by the weekend, but sooner would be better:D

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

Take a look at demonx's first statement.

>(demonx) I just did it, a loyal PC Users(12+ years), just made his first apple purchase.

Notice how he mentioned his first "apple purchase", not an iBook purchase. So you don't need to be specific in such a biased rant.

Most such "stories" begin with "Well, I got my first Apple Computer, and it works great. This new processor...I would never go back to a PC" and end up with the monkey sticking his nose back where he scratches himself to keep from stinking up other people's threads. :rolleyes:

demonx, AppleWorks should come with your iBook, either built in or on CD, so don't worry about purchasing it as a stand alone. If you want more memory, go here. Also, did you get the small, compact and ideal 12 inch, or did you go for the full 14 inch model?

11. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

I got the 12 inch, in the weeks of rumors leading up to the new release I took some time and went out to CompUSA and played with them. I liked the 12inch model and the screen size was fine for me.

Thanks for the memory link I only got 256mbs, I do plan to upgrade to the full amount the iBook can hold asap though.:)

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Yes, if you want cheap ram (like King Cobra said) got to
    www.18004memory.com - they have the best deals out of
    anyone.

Congratulations! You should have done the 'double your RAM'
    deal. It seems like a cheap way to get a lot of RAM.

13. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

I did;)

14. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

wow...nice 'tude.

how lame can you be? This site isn't called "decked-out-PowerMac-Pro-line-models-or-something-rare-from-apple-rumors" :rolleyes:

Congrats on the purchase! ;)

15. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

Well my iBook shipped today, and I got two day freight so Thursday should be the day:D :D
    I already got Office V.X and Norton on monday, my extra batter should be here tommrow. I can't wait until thursday when i can play with this thing, I might even take the day off:p

Im hoping to order some memory overnight on thursday also, how hard is it to install? or is best left to the "professionals"? Granted I can build any pc, but laptops are a whole nother ball game.

16. rjrufo macrumors regular

Congrat's!

From one "Switcher" to another... Welcome to the light.

17. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

ibook the best intro in the mac world along with the imac...way to go and enjoy the ride;)

18. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

since no one has written it and it must always be said...

welcome to the fold.