Weman are made to spend money

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Dec 26, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

After 4 years of relationship I can not make my girlfriend to understan what "do not spend a coin" is. I mean, she want to save money for next year and she start calling everybody out the country, I'm telling her to writhem an e-mail but she says "they deserver me to call them". I tell her not to buy me any chritsmas stuff because I'm not buying anything to any one (we are in a pre war here in my country and we have to save) and she buy me a present. And in all this years when she have to do a homework (she is studing graphic desing) she buys and buys and buys lots in materials and she allways end up broke.

Is there any gene that weman has that make them do that? it is something really out of the usual. And well, she drives terrible too. She have been learning to drive the car out the garage in the correct way for a yera now and she still not able to figure out which way to turn the wheel.

2. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

There's a difference between being a woman and being an idiot. If she's having trouble backing up a car after I year, I'd suggest the lack of a ***** isn't the issue.

No offense. :)

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't know if there is a gene or not but my wife definitely likes to spend money. When I say were spending over our budget, she just ignores me. Other times she says "I'm the one that is working." I watch every penny & it drives her crazy.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Re: Weman are made to spend money

hope she is good in bed.

iJon

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We love each other and that's what counts in the end. ijohn, my wife is good in bed!!! ;)

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

haha that was great. glad to hear that. but i completly agree with you. my girlfriend is a terrible driver too. plus she spends lots of money too. she doesnt think she does but she does. everytime she gets her bank statement she is a little under. i can never understand it. oh well women will be women.

iJon

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am more likely to buy big things and my wife buys a lot of small things but in the end , she spends way more money

i like things like laptops and great software like photoshop and illustrator, while she likes the latest clothes, of which there is an endless supply compared to high end software that i like or macs that i find useful for my purposes

8. bombensington macrumors regular

ummm....

he spends WAAAAYYYY more than i do. ive had to take drastic measures regarding this.

it's not always the ladies, boys.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I buy stuff for us, like furniture and clothes (we're the same size)... appliances, art, stuff like that. He buys stuff that deliberately suits him only... comic books for his collection, vintage toys, blah :p

tho between the two of us, i can spend money faster, he just spends it more frivilously (in my opinion, of course, he probably thinks the same about me)...

:)
    pnw

10. vniow macrumors G4

Weird, I'm both.
    Note: all the following assumes I actually have extra money to spend.

I like to have the latest soft and hardware too, but I'd die if I didn't have a good set of clothes or shoes or whatever.

And you tell 'em bombensington.[​IMG]

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Its best that there is a balance, one spender & one saver. In the end its getting along, for the good of the relationship. Men are also made to spend, Donald Trump as an example! Being single would make it particulary difficult, no one to soundoff with! ;)

12. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Yes - I'm the frivolous one when it comes to money. It seems that whenever I get it, I have an irresistable urge to go and blow it on the latest gizmo. This time round it's a 100Hz 32" Widescreen TV and Dolby Digital 5.1 DVD player with speakers.

It drives my wife absolutely spare...

Therefore, it's not unusual for me to get a huge "pang" of guilt, and just sit there quietly on my hands so I can't use my fingers to dial/type and place the order.

Tends to work for me...

I mean - it took me months to get the nerve to buy my Cube - I'd put it off so long, and obviously looked so pathetic, that my wife finally relented and told me to get it for the sake of my sanity.

;)

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Diagram of the differences in shopping!

Attached Files: