Went back to iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by monaarts, Jun 24, 2013.

1. monaarts macrumors 65816

Jan 16, 2010
    Kennesaw, GA
    Like many of you already have, I went back to iOS 6 because of the bugs. I am not complaining - I expected them to be there but it made my every day phone too difficult to use.

But I must say, I MISS iOS7!!! iOS6 looks and feels so archaic and clunky now! :eek: I can not wait until fall when I can get iOS7 in a much more stable build. :apple:
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Old and archaic? Okie.

But I do think there were lots of threads on this before.
  3. Steven627 macrumors member

Dec 12, 2011
    same here..went back to 6 coz iOS7 is very buggy atm. look forward to beta 3&4
  4. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 16, 2010
    Kennesaw, GA
    Yes... It now feels over textured and like there is too much space for everything (like the lock screen with the spaces for the numbers as you type them, for example).
  5. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

Mar 18, 2012
    BETAS ARE ALWAYS BUGGY. THAT IS THE STUPID POINT OF THEM! If you are a hobbyist you don't touch a beta until 3/4/gm.
  6. C DM macrumors Nehalem

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not sure that tons of white space (that's literally white) is really an improvement though (in particular for those with black iOS devices, but even in general).
  7. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 16, 2010
    Kennesaw, GA
    I agree. I have the white iPhone so it looked nice. It would be nice if they created the option to choose between black and white for the empty space. Besides, I bet the black would save a ton of energy and therefor result in longer lasting battery life.
  8. C DM macrumors Nehalem

Oct 17, 2011
    And look better on the eyes and all-around in dark/darker environments too. Let's hope something like that might show up at some point (sooner than later).
  9. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

Dec 28, 2009
    Only your post belongs there.
  10. Jeffrey Jeff macrumors member

Jun 18, 2013
    i'm currently restoring back to iOS 6.

beta 2 is definitely smoother than beta 1, but still too many problems.

i really like how in iOS 7 you can make the text very small. i have good vision and so i would prefer for the text to take up less space and show more (like in Messages)
  11. irDigital0l Guest

Dec 7, 2010
    This is the downside of making iOS 7 obtainable by only paying $100.
  12. Jeffrey Jeff macrumors member

Jun 18, 2013
    you mean $0? i installed it without being a dev.
  13. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

May 4, 2012
    Other than you, who else would care what version of iOS you're running? So, why start a thread about it?
  14. knapperbot macrumors newbie

Jun 20, 2013
    I think some people are missing the point ...

It's Beta, of course it is going to be buggy, as you mentioned.

Besides that, people don't pay $100 in order to get iOS 7 before the average Joe, they do it because they are developers, and they are involved in being a part of building a great OS. It's not about high-fiving your dork friends because you have iOS 7 before the general public.

Instead of "going back to iOS 6", why not offer some help and contribute to the evolution of creating a better OS in general? :cool:
  15. BasicGreatGuy macrumors 68040

Sep 21, 2012
    In the middle of several books.
    Well said.
  16. spades1412 macrumors 6502

Jun 12, 2009
    As does yours, as well as the OP!
  17. PNutts macrumors 601

Jul 24, 2008
    Pacific Northwest, US
    In one of the other threads for the same topic, I posted that after iOS 7 b1 I really enjoyed going back to iOS 6. It's luxurious. However, b2 is getting better and this might be a nice ride to the end.
  18. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2013
    Did you try "Reset All Settings" or restarting the affected iDevices?