Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
yeah, don't get too hung up on the "remanufactured" thing. Make no mistake, they have a new shell, screen, and battery. They will re-use a circuit board and processor if they pass QC.

The yellow screen thing is annoying. The earlier ones had the true white, cooler screen... the later iPhone 5s have the yellow tinge. I had to trade in my orig. launch-day iPhone 5 cause the power button broke and they sent me a yellow-screen replacement. I asked for another and they sent me one that was not much better (it was brighter at the brightest setting though so not as dull) but the camera was whack.

I still have a yellowish screen. Thinking about JB and color profiles

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Working refurb >>>>>>> Non-working 'new'.

Easy.

of course, but in my case working new >>>>> refurb with marginally better screen

----------

anyways, what's done is done. that was my first time doing replacement with Apple, should've read the fine print better. at least i had them confirmed my replacement is indeed a Verizon model, that's more important to me than the refurb thing.

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
i think the bigger concern now is whether they gave a Verizon iphone 5 or other carrier's phone with my old nano sim card. this is important because one of the reasons i went with Verizon is their ip5 came out of factory unlocked. i will call them today.

You had a Verizon IP5 and they gave you a Verizon IP5 as a replacement. Another carrier's IP such as AT&T will not work on Verizon's network. If you are really paranoid about the GSM being unlocked, then buy a T-Mobile SIM and put it into the phone to make sure it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.