Went to the Pug Crawl today! Wacky!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leekohler, Jun 3, 2006.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Now, I'm not a huge dog lover, but these things are just too damn cute to ignore. I went with a friend who's dying to get a pug, and I must say I had a great time. There were, I swear to God, 500 pugs at this thing! They really are the nicest dogs I've ever seen. The weirdest thing? You would think that when you have this many dogs in one place that there would be a lot of barking. No. We heard 2 barks the entire time. Otherwise it was several hours of having fun with these sweet dogs. If you get the chance, go! They are the most well-behaved and loving dogs I've ever seen. Plus, you can dress them up in fun outfits and they love it! :)

http://www.pugparty.com/

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Pugs are cute, but some are just wierd lookin'm with their beady little eyes.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Everybody knows that Labs light the way, with honourable mention to all retrievers and bird dogs. Simply the best. :p

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Ha! :) But my objections to dogs have always been:

1. Too noisy
    2. Too dependent
    3. Too smelly

I have always been a cat owner, and while I do love my kitties, I would actually consider owning a pug or two. Yes, I was THAT swayed by this event. These dogs were impressive in all of the three areas I mentioned. I talked to several people and they said that you can leave these dogs alone for certain periods of time if you own 2 of them, much like you could with cats. And really, pugs are irresistable. :)

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

That would explain this whole pug thing then. ;)

6. bartelby macrumors Core

Damn right they are!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

....and that smirk on his face, taunting us...."Ooooh ooooh, buy my chicken.... buy my fried chicken....."

Um, anyway, they look like Gremlins.

That is all. Abstract awaaaaayy.

8. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

I don't like Pugs; they're like the Frankenstein monster. I love labradors. If I ever have a dog, it'll probably be a labrador.

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Pugs are not dogs. They are mutant cats. Dogs smell and drool and are entirely dependent. Which is why we love them.

I mean, if you want to get a pug, totally, get a pug. But, don't call it a dog. Or my psycho, clothes wearing greyhound will kick your "dog's" "butt."

mo.jpg

10. richmoe macrumors newbie

pug

i have one. they are like cats in ways:
    they have long nails
    they may also climb on tables (or at least mine does). Pugs are also stubborn and if you have one pug like me they are a attention hog (not like its a bad thing, they're just so cute)

11. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

This thread is win. I absolutely love pugs. My girlfriend hates them, but I love them so much. I have a calendar here on my desktop with 365 days of pug pictures. They're just so adorable and amazing, and I miss mine. I am more of a cat person, but I absolutely love Pugs and can't wait 'til I'm able to get another one for myself :eek: