Wes Clark on Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

In case anyone missed them, two statements by influential Democrats on the war in Iraq were published in the last week. They should be the subject of serious discussion of anyone truly interested in stopping the current disaster in Iraq. Here is the second.

Former NATO Supreme Commander Wesley Clark

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

an even better piece. i find i'm really hungry to read words of people who actually know what they're talking about.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He's the guy I hoped the Democrats would nominate.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Me too. Hopefully he'll be better prepared this time around. He's sure sounding like a contender.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Unfortunetly, I doubt they would elect him. He would make a good Sec of Defense though. Or VP.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

To me, he sounded like one the first time. He's was amateur at running a political campaign, though -- and a presidential nomination is a hard place to learn. I was pulling for Kerry to pick Clark as his running mate. Knowing what we know now...

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh I agree, I wasn't saying he didn't sound like a contender last time, just that he seemed to be suffering from a terminal lack of organizational capability and a lack of a ground team in place. My little sister spent some time working for the Clark campaign last year, and said it was the most disorganized of the campaigns she was involved in. For a while she was being paid to sit around and do absolutely nothing because there was no one in place to give all the foot soldiers jobs.

What I was saying is that, while still undeclared, he is certainly sounding like a candidate for 2008. He's put in the requisite appearances in both Iowa and NH, and has now had one trial run and by the time '08 rolls around he'll have had 4 more years to lay the oh-so-important groundwork for a presidential bid.

He was my top choice last time around for a Dem, and will likely be again this time particularly with statements like these.

FWIW, Clark consistently polls at the top of netroots community.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well if lightening does strike, and Clark is nominated, I might find myself considering party registration for the first time in 30 years.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You're putting in blonde highlights? At your age?

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You have your midlife crisis, and I'll have mine.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Plenty to go round...
    :)

13. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

a true lol.

now excuse me while i go knit myself a new air conditioner cover.