Wesley Clark -- Its offical

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MrMacMan, Sep 17, 2003.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

2. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I know I see he is running! What an honorable man and someone that has great experience. I hope the Democrats wake up and see someone like Clark is their best chance against Bush. I said all along if Dean wins the nomination, Bush and Karl Rove will be laughing and will turn him into a "Dukakis or Mondale" and you will see an electorial massacre. Now someone like Clark, who knows his stuff, has good moderate positions and looks very presidental and has real experience, he would be a hard one for Bush to wipe off the map. I like General Clark and I have finally found my candidate! Thank you for running General Clark!

3. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Personally, I'm voting for Sharpton, but only as a practical joke.

4. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Yay.... one more person not to be trusted. Seriously pick which crook we'll get stuck with for the next 4 years. Sorry guys, but I don't trust him more than any other candidate and certainly no more (or less) than Bush.

Lets face it you either get the candidate that represents special interest groups (democrat) or the one that represnts big business (Bush).

There are plenty of war bashers. And they're all talking about perscription drugs and social security. What about education? Oh right... 8 year olds don't have money and can't vote. Interesting.

Seriously, find me a candidate that can heal our society and education without reverse discrimination and I'll vote for them... Otherwise... who cares.

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

This is straying dangerously into political territory, as it probably should...

However, I think some people here are too cynical. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the Democrats for being the sole slaves to special interest. At least their special interests want to protect the environment, not stack the EPA with a bunch of scammers from polluting industries.

At this point, I don't really care who the democrat is (that, however, isn't an unqualified statement), as long as he can beat Bush.

The President has run this country into the ground and abdicated the very morality that he has been so ardent in pretending to defend. His morality consists of a disregard for the protection of foreign cultures and religions and a suffocatingly repressive Christian conservatism brought to the mainstream. The universal moral tenets have society have been forgotten in this administration, and I look forward eagerly to a new, better one.

Dean would be good, Clark might do all right (though his domestic policy experience is minimal), Sharpton is a joke (don't waste your vote on him), Lieberman might as well be Republican (although he'd still be better than Bush), Kerry's good but a little stiff, Gephardt's mediocre, Kucinich is even further left than dean and could never in a million years win, the rep from Chicago just won't win, Edwards is o.k. but his Southern accent will hurt him, and face it, Graham's just not going to win either.

The ones with a chance are:
    Kerry
    Clark
    Lieberman
    Gephardt
    Edwards
    Dean

It will be interesting to see, but most of the above 6 would be o.k. as President; all would probably do better than Bush, who is definitely one of those lying liars who lies (for those of you who have read Al Franken's new, brilliant book).

6. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Awww, why no Kucinich ?

:rolleyes:

Hehe, I just this it is gonna be so stupid to have so many people running.

You know what this is gonna be like?

The NYC Democratic Primary for Mayor.

They had like 4 great people then we got 2 and those 2 destroyed eachother untill it was impossible to like either of them.

This happened it the governors race, qualified people go Head on Head and everyone loses.

In reality the only difference between most of them is personality.

:(

7. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Politics in a Nutshell

Every politician (regardless of political affiliation) is a proponent of one or more special interests. If a candidate's special interests happen to be aligned with your special interests, then they are "enlightened".

8. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

You're fooling yourself if you think that the democrats care about the environment. I'm not saying the republicans do, they're just more honest about their lack of caring. If the democrats care so much about the environment, why have they done nothing to increase the fuel economy of cars and SUVs in america? Autoworkers Union aka a special interest group. Just because the flag of environmentalism is being flown doesn't mean they give a crap, but it sure works to get your vote.

How about the betterment of minorities? How many blacks are there in congress? The funny thing is Democrats figure if you aren't white you aren't capable of gettting anywhere without a little help from the government. But those white folks in washington sure love flying that race friendly flag to get those votes.

The republicans aren't doing anything either, but to say the democrats are they answer to all of our problems is a joke. The only democrat that has any good ideas besides bashing the war is Joe Lieberman. Unfortunately, he doesn't have enough charisma to win an election. The rest of them (including Bush) are chumps.

9. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Politics :rolleyes: I forgot we were entering an election year. OK guys keep it clean, try to contain as much as you can in the political forums, and nobody will get hurt. ;) :D :p

10. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Joe, has some good ideas but he... is almost is 70% agreement with bush when it comes to speaking about issues.

edit:
    Indeed my post above was off topic, it will be removed.

I hope this 'grassland' democrat can either:
    a) Make a difference
    b) Drop the hell out of the race, we have too many people currently

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

In many ways it brings back the memory of Dwight D. Eisenhower. He was a great 5 star general in WW II. A great 2 term president. Some are comparing them. It is just too bad that he is not a Republican.

12. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

:confused:

Since when do we have a primary which includes the current President... ;)

And what do you mean, if you think just by
    Military + Republican = Sure Victory

I'd say no.