West Quay, Southampton, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by lazerblaze, Sep 16, 2012.

1. lazerblaze, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

macrumors newbie

Anyone planning on queueing up at WQ for launch day? I missed out on preorder so figured I'd give it a go at the Apple store.

2. macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat, thinking about going in around 10.

3. macrumors regular

Yeah, think I will be heading down tomorrow at some ridiculous time in the morning. Think I headed down around 6am last time, but might have to be a little bit earlier based on all the pre-orders as its looking like its going to be a popular bit of tech! (Also, don't want to be too late for work, although they understand my love of Apple lol)

4. macrumors newbie

Seryph

Has anyone been down there today? Is there already a queue? I was thinking of heading down first thing on Friday but it will probably be too late by then...

5. macrumors regular

I am going to pop into West Quay this evening to try and get a Nano Sim in advance of tomorrow, so will have a look to see if there is a queue already. I would think as long as you get in line by 6-7am tomorrow morning, you would end up with an iPhone (am aiming for 6am or just before - luckily I live nearby)

6. macrumors regular

Headed down to West Quay at 7pm and there was 1 guy queuing! That's dedication!

7. macrumors 6502a

skippymac

Anyone been to the west quay store today? Any idea on stock levels?

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Skippy.
    When I left with my phone (11ish) they were out of the tickets for 32GB black but still had other varieties available. Worth asking if you're passing through anyway.

Glad to say my first launch was great, met a few fun people in the line and got my iPhone. Success!

9. macrumors 6502a

skippymac

went in earlier today for a new magsafe charger and the guy said they were all out of iphone 5s, apart from reserved ones, just incase anyone still wants to know :)