Westboro Baptist Church may be attacked by Indians

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, if they insist on showing up on the reservation, that is:

CNN

Personally, I'd love for Phelps to try to set foot on their land. I'd be rooting for the tribes to perform a re-enactment of Custer's last stand. :D

2. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

I despise these protestors. These are the wolves in sheeps clothing. They claim to be doing God's work and yet don't have a freaking clue about what the Bible says. As a Christian, I would not greet them as a brother or sister in Christ. I might greet them with a right hook though. They are hate filled bigots who try to use God for THEIR agenda, not His.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If Bush would have kept his eye on the ones who did 911 this man would still be alive. As a national guard member he should be serving at home not abroad with regular military in Afghanistan. His death has nothing what so ever to do with Gays in this country. This religious group is simply using hate of gays for their own propaganda and ignoring everything Jesus stood for. Im happy the Indians are able to keep out this hate group. Im sorry for their loss.

4. Queso macrumors G4

Respect to The Three Affiliated Tribes and their leaders. If only the United States would take a similar view against the Phelps family, I'm sure the world would be a happier place.

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i didn't expect to see such hatred and anger from you! ;)

the best part of the article is that phelps' daughter is in on the gig so actively. i mean, i guess i just haven't read enough about the crew in the past, but i just love it when hatred and prejudice gets successfully passed down from one generation to the next

6. Queso macrumors G4

The entire Church is historically made up of only two or three families and they all inter-marry. Unfortunately four new people joined the Church a few years back just as genetics looked to be condemning them all to sickness and deformity within a couple of generations. Such a wasted opportunity. :D

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

How would that make you any better? And as mentioned, didn't we just have a whole thread about how hate is counterproductive? ;) I agree that they should be kept off of private property. That is my only issue with this. Of course they're deplorable, anyone who thinks they aren't needs to get their heads examined. And they can protest all they want. But not on private property, not AT the funeral. I believe that should be covered under privacy laws, and once again I'd like to point out that you have a right not to be censored for speech by the gov, but you also have a responsibility to your fellow citizen and your community. If they don't want you in there while they grieve, it would behoove you to adhere to their wishes.

8. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

I wouldn't be punching them out of hate. I would be punching them for being indecent bastards and disrespecting the families of all veterans anywhere.

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'm not bitching about _______ political issue out of hate, i'm bitching about it because the politicians are indecent bastards who are responsible for thousands of deaths, americans and others.

what's the difference?

10. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

The difference is that what the protestors are doing is clearly wrong and the other part is a matter of opinion.

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

How about putting bars around their church while they're all inside? They can worship all they want until they run out of food and water.

12. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

Would it be acceptable to say the same about gays, athiests or any other group around here?

13. Queso macrumors G4

How is the indifferent slaughter of nearly 600,000 people for oil and money anything other than wrong, just as an example?

14. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

Because that is your (in my opinion very schewed and distoreted) opinion.

For instance, my interpretation is that it was a campaign to topple radicalism in the middle east with hopes of establishing a democracy which would have a domino effect on neighboring countries thus ushering in moderate governments throughout the middle East. Yes, it went wrong along the way, but that does not an indifferent slaughter for oil and money make.

15. Queso macrumors G4

The only thing that "went wrong along the way" was that the invasion happened in the first place. Moderate Governments imposed on the Middle East? How naive, no, stupid is that as an aim? I take it you weren't among the millions telling Bushco and the Bliar Government how anarchy in Iraq was the only outcome of what they were doing, but plenty of us knew it five years ago and were pretty vocal about it at the time. I'm sure history is littered with tragedies caused by good intentions coupled with unbelievable belligerence, but it doesn't make the protagonists any less guilty for the results.

Anyway, this is totally off topic. If you want to continue this, let's take it to a more appropriate thread.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No it wouldn't. And the Phelps clan can do whatever they want as long as they don't break the law. Let them.

17. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

clearly wrong to us. but not to the people doing it. so the anger to them, would be unfounded. much like the anger against gwb, the war, etc, are unfounded to you.. somehow

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Any group who is causing emotion distress and clear disrespect to someone else when they have no personal affiliation perhaps should be, regardless of group.

If someone has a problem with me and protests at my funeral, that's one thing. If someone I don't know protests at my funeral, there is no good reason for it and they should not be welcome.

The people of WBC don't seem to understand that they weren't put here to judge other people, so they should just stay in their church and pray for enlightenment. I'd think they'd be offensive to any true Christians out there, just like abortion clinic bombers. "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Oh, well that's completely different... somehow. :confused:

20. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

This is something that has consistently surprised me. It would constitute a "crime of passion" for a family member to break Phelps' neck at a funeral he protests so long as it isn't obviously premeditated. He's done this hundreds of times yet.... he hasn't been assaulted yet. Amazing. I think he's playing longer and longer odds on this not happening. Eventually there will be a grieving marine that just... snaps... (God willing)... And I really hope that angry, grieving Marine also happens to be gay... just for the full ironic effect.

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I thought it had happened, and he sued. Some policeman tried to haul him off and he won the right to do what he and his family are doing. He's a lawyer, so he's knows what he's doing. Everyone wants to prove they're better than that, so nothing has happened yet, but you're right, I half expect it to. I don't like the idea of it, but I would completely understand if it did and wouldn't exactly feel bad.

I'm actually waiting for him to get struck by lightning. Carrying those signs around, even if they aren't metal. Then we can all say it was just God's will. :p