1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Westfield Apple Store Tukwilla, WA (Southcenter) - In Line Now!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by agirton, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

I was first in line for the last one, and hope to be up near the front for this one. It was a fun time to hang out and read the east coast feeds together as we waited for the release on the West Coast. Who's in with me?

2. macrumors 6502a

maybe, I could try and get there.

3. macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I didn't even know there was an Apple store at Southcenter. If the lines are going to be shorter, I might make the trek. U-Village is a zoo.

4. macrumors regular

Line

The line for the original iphone went way out the door and down the parking lot, but it didn't really start growing till 1 or 2 pm.

5. macrumors regular

I spoke with the store and they do not have any details yet even though AT&T has said it will be an 800am launch. I will post as soon as I know the Apple Stores launch details. She is supposed to call me.

6. macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm interested in meeting up. What time are you guys planing on being there?

:// Jake

7. macrumors regular

Not sure yet, waiting to hear the details from my business contact at the store. What time were you thinking?

8. macrumors regular

OK, so I got confirmation on the 8am time from the store. What time you guys wanna go? Midnight?

9. macrumors newbie

Damn, I don't think I'm hardcore enough. I was thinking 4am earliest. I do have to work that day.

:// Jake

10. macrumors 65816

Interestingly, there is no other mentioning of the U. Village store under the Meetups section.

I waited in-line at the Bellevue Square store last year. I heard the Alderwood Mall is going to be less crowded.

11. macrumors newbie

I am trying Southcenter this year. I was number one at U. Village after waiting for 28 hours. I am not doing that again. This year about 6am.

What do you guys think?

12. macrumors regular

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe a bit earlier just to be sure an early riser doesn't swing by with 200 people in tow, hehe.

13. macrumors newbie

See you there. Name is Greg
    :eek:

14. macrumors regular

OK, so long story short I got bored. I was at a client of mine that is near the mall and about to head home for the day. Then I figured, oh well, I'm just gonna go home and read macforums all night anyway so I might as well do it on Apples Wireless. So I am here with 18 hours and 52 mins till I get my new iphone 3g. Yeah I know I am crazy. I have another buddy coming down in a few hours that is camping out too. So come down, come early lets have a party!!!!!

15. macrumors regular

Well, sorry that I will not be outside all night, but my friend Robb and I are spending the night inside the Apple Store. Thats right you heard me.... INSIDE THE FREEKIN STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take some pics and post in a bit. See yall in the morning.

Edit: well it was short lived. The manager got vetoed were back outside.

16. macrumors newbie

I'd like to be there first thing in the morning, but seeing as I'm still at work writing a goddamn brief, due tomorrow, I'm thinking I better get this done first. Post here when you leave the store, and tell us how long the line gets. I'm thinking of coming maybe 10:30 AM or 11:00 AM? First people cleared out? Line shorter? I'm hoping they won't run out -- like they didn't last year.

17. macrumors newbie

Line Status

how many people in line there so far?

18. macrumors regular

5 so far.

19. macrumors newbie

thanks man, any updates would be appreciated...

20. macrumors 6502a

Won't be there until 6pm so I would love to know how many people were in line, thanks.

21. macrumors newbie

I'm still up in Seattle. Just drove by the AT&T store on Capitol Hill and there were ~40 people in line outside. Struck me as a pretty short line, actually, for just 1.5 hours before launch. I'm still planning to head to Southcenter, though. More phones at the Apple store, and the two AT&T stores in the area.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm most curious to know how the line grows or shrinks after 8 am (i.e. growing because interested mall sheep decide to join in the iphone madness).

22. macrumors regular

Over 60 as of now.

23. macrumors newbie

Thanks.

24. macrumors regular

Well over 100 now, and over 30 at the AT&T kiosk in the mall.

25. macrumors newbie

??? I heard they had some "issues" for the first few people? Line getting longer? Shorter? How many people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.