Westfield Brandon Mall, Brandon Florida

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Anonymouslives, Jun 18, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

Apple store opens at 7AM. I'll probably show up between 3-5AM. Would be cool to chat with other forum members too.

2. macrumors 6502

hansenc

I can't seem to secure a full upgrade price. I might do the early upgrade price.

I will have a line on 7/5 that can get a full discount. Don't know if I will pay the extra 200$ or not just to do it on release.

Decided I'm going to jump onboard at the $400 price tag. see u around 3-4am

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

Hey man, have you been to another release there? If so, how was it and what time do you expect we should be there if we want to not wait for several hours once they open?

4. macrumors 6502

hansenc

Never have :( I'm just going to take the morning off work and hope for the best. I can't see many being there at 3-4am. if no one is there I can just sit in the car till a few others show up. I'm not one for hanging out in 80F weather with 90% humidity. lol

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

I'm gonna bring a collapsable chair, a fully charged 3GS, some gatorade, and just chill for a few hours I guess.

I have heard that there will eventually be two lines, one for those who reserved and one for those who didn't. I'm sure there will only be one line to begin with, before the Apple people get there and separate us. I wonder how that will pan out. Hopefully people don't just rush up into the lines, or there's going to be some problems.

6. macrumors 6502

hansenc

I will be bringing a chair also. I didn't reserve so I will be in the "I waited too long" line.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

Well, I'm sure you'll get one, as long as you're there early.

8. macrumors member

I've reserved one (confirmed by e-mail and in person), so I'm golden. If I'm awake with the roosters, I'll go over early-early; if not, I'll get there when I do.

Spoke to a few of the Apple people and they all say there'll be two lines, one for reserved orders, one for the walk-ins. If you've a phone reserved, it'll be there with your name on it until closing on the 24th. Apple will activate the MicroSim (which deactivates your old phone on your account), and you're good to go. (You'll do the Setup @ home.)

Have fun. Enjoy the buzz, and your new iPhone 4.

Oh, and. . . GO GATORS!
    :D

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

Dude, you should show up early. I don't trust Apple not to give our phones away, even if we did reserve them.

10. macrumors member

Not to sweat it: They'll stock all of the "Reserved" phones they're supposed to have on-hand. Print out your confirmation, bring it with you; you'll get a phone, no worries. Enjoy the buzz.

:)

11. macrumors newbie

Brandon Mall..

I will be there (plus one friend) sometime during the night.. waited at the Brandon store for the 3G & 3GS model..

When the 3G came out I stood in line from 8am until 2pm.. but that was because of the horrible activation problems.. got a phone though no problem.

With the 3GS I got there a few hours after open, walked in got a phone and walked out..

Hopefully there will be plenty of phones for everyone.. but I'll be there early just in case...

12. macrumors 6502

hansenc

Any idea how the line will be for non-reserve people? I'm hoping 3am is early enough.

Any clue how many phones they might have?

13. macrumors newbie

I'm thinking that the 4G kind of changes all the rules.. with all of the online ordering problems (I tried at least 100 times that day to order) and all the hype that surrounds the phone, that this is probably going to be the biggest launch since the Playstation 2 (if you remember that mess)... so no idea of how many are going to be there.. but I say make sure you are there early as you can be if you want to go home with a phone.

They will have us outside of the mall until probably around 6am.. then we will go inside I the mall I assume? and then we form our two different lines.. pre-order and first come, first served.. then they take like 5/10 people from each line and activate the micro-sim and send us on our way. The reserved phones will be in a different location (other side of the store) I bet than the other ones..

With the iPhone 3G launch they provided water and I want to say snacks of some sort.. donuts? Also Starbucks is across the hall and they brought free drinks for everyone and handed out coupons for free drinks as well..

14. macrumors 6502

hansenc

Well I will just hope for the best and see what happens.

If I don't get one on release I will most likely just wait till july 5th and do an upgrade swap for another line and get the phone for $200 less.

See you guys there

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

I think if you get there between 3-5AM you should get one, although I'm not basing that on anything tangible. I have no clue when people will start showing up there.

16. macrumors 6502

hansenc

Hopefully its not black friday type crazy. People start lining up for BF at like 5pm the day before.

17. macrumors member

Let's say you get there at 3 AM. The store opens at 7 AM. That's four hours standing in line, plus whatever time it takes to get from your position to the head of the line, and then into the store. Let's add an hour for the waiting around once the store opens. TOTAL TIME IN LINE: Five hours.

Now, let's jump forward to, say, 9 AM. There's still a line, but it's moving. Do you really think this line will take five hours between the time you get into it at 9 AM and the time you enter the store? Really, you do? Five hours, mid-morning, in Brandon?

18. macrumors 6502

hansenc

Well that thought process is fine if you reserved a phone, i didn't. very good chance they would be sold out if you just showed up at 9am and got in the line.

19. macrumors regular

I'm coming out about 2 AM that morning maybe sooner.. Don't trust apple.. I have a email confirmation of reservation too... But would like to get my hands on it as soon as I can... Thought about going to dicks the night before, about 8:30 right before close(9pm) and buying a tent.. walking over to apple and posting the s**t right on up!!!:D

20. macrumors member

All right! You da man! Don't forget the ice chest of cold ones.

:D

21. macrumors 6502

hansenc

What is the mall policy for waiting outside? will they let you into the parking lot or out front of the door? anyone called the mall yet to confirm?

22. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

I have no idea. I'd imagine the mall security will know about it ahead of time.

As for the getting in line at 9AM thing, there might not be any phones left at 9AM. I know you're trusting that the Apple store will hold your phone for you all day, like it says on your reservation confirmation, but what happens if they don't? What if they say there were errors in the system and the phones are gone? Sure, you'll be p****d and maybe you'll get a $50 gift card or something, but you WON'T get an iPhone 4. At least not until mid-late July.
    You're trusting Apple when they over-sold pre-orders on the iPhone 4 and have been canceling orders because of it. There are going to be BIG problems on launch day.

23. macrumors 6502

hansenc

Can't decide if I want to wait at an Apple Store or wait at AT&T.

Manager I spoke with said they will have phones for walk-ins and there is a store close to me but the Apple Store is around 30 minutes away.

Plus the Brandon Mall Apple store is a pain to camp at, at least with an ATT store I can sit in my car till someone else comes around.

Guess I will make the final decision later this week, I will call the ATT Store Wednesday hopefully after they received stock and make sure they will have some for walk-ins.

24. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

The Apple store will have FAR more phones than an AT&T store. Your best shot is at Apple.

25. macrumors 6502

hansenc

I know they will have more and if there is a line by the time I get to ATT then I will def be heading to the Apple store but figured if I am first in line at ATT they should have AT LEAST one iphone for walk-in. At least that's what the manager told me.