Westfield Century City, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by RealSkyDiver, Jun 18, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm probably gonna be there between midnight and 4am. Anybody know how many there where around the same time in previous years?
    Can you just go and wait by the store at any time?
    Is there 24h parking and do they validate at the apple store, since many probably wait over 6 hours and only the first 3 are free.

2. macrumors newbie

Great Questions. I'll be waiting there as well.

Hello RealSkyDiver,
    Looking into waiting at this Apple Store location. I waiting in line last year for the 3GS at a Culver City AT&T store, but they say the demand is about 10x what last year's was. That being said, I plan on arriving around the same time (12 - 2 AM Time span). Not looking forward to it, but it'll be worth it right!?

P.S. - You bring up a great point regarding long term parking. I don't yet know what I'm going to do about that :(

P.P.S. - Do you know what time this particular location opens? Do all Apple Stores open at the same time?

3. macrumors regular

All stores are said to be opening at 7am.

4. macrumors member

How bad was the line at that AT&T store? I'm going to be waiting there this year and was thinking about getting there at 4:00am, but is that not early enough?

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

10 times more demand doesn't mean 10 times more people. I don't think it'll be that crazy. Hope that the stores on Santa Monica and Grove will pick up the majority of the crowds.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

nobody else going??

7. macrumors 6502

from what i've heard century city, 3rd st and the grove are mad houses on launch days. i'd get there very very early if i were you.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

what about Beverly Center in comparison?
    From what I gathered its:
    1. The Grove
    2. Santa Monica
    3. Beverly Center
    4. Century City
    in terms of people

9. macrumors regular

MPHL

I'll be there. do you guys not have one reserved? Sucks...

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm getting on from my ATT store. They have 80 for walk-ins while pre-orders are all being shipped to the people meaning that only people without reservation can stand in line. I'm probably gona stop by later that morning at Westfield and film the line with my iPhone4:D

11. macrumors newbie

All sounds like a mess. Also yes, there is zero parking around that mall if they won't let you in.

I did an AT&T store for my 3G.. I went to a crummy neighborhood and there was a very short line haha. Will AT&T even have them on launch day, or Radioshack... or only the pre-orders? I'm quite confused about all this. Because there would be far less people at outlets other than the Apple store.

I would think it would be easier to get one this year, because so many people pre-ordered, and they are delivering to their homes. Like with the 3G there were no online orders.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

you can get your parking validated when you go to the concierge service and show that you spend over $250. It's open after 11am. Security told me that there is 24h parking while the email I got from Westfield told me that its only after 5am. Think I would trust the security more with that. You can call them up yourself with 551-0212 (I didn't had to enter an area code).

13. macrumors newbie

But you think you can go to an AT&T store and get one on launch day? (w/o a pre-order?)

14. thread starter macrumors 6502

15. macrumors 6502

doubtful, they don't that many.

16. macrumors member

17. macrumors newbie

Hmm! I still haven't decided if I want to wait or not.

18. thread starter macrumors 6502

Wondering who will get there by midnight to give us an update.

19. macrumors regular

Just spoke to Apple (Century City). Here is what I was told. If you have a reservation, your line will be separate from the "walk in line". You still need to pick it up by close tomorrow. Whatever you ordered WILL BE held there in your name (she confirmed my order by name, product and email address used). Doors open at 7am. That's it.

My guess is that they have two allotments, one aside for reserved customers and one pile aside for walk ins. Once walk in pile is gone, they won't accept anymore walk ins.

This means that if you pre-ordered, you should be able to easily show up AFTER they sell out of walk ins and therefore you shouldn't have to wait as long.

20. thread starter macrumors 6502

If you dont have a reservation keep in mind that they won't let you in till 10am and even then it's not 100% guaranteed.

21. macrumors newbie

Hey RealSkyDiver,
    Did you decide on whether you'll be braving the lines at Century City or not? Let me know, I'm still trying to find people to go with. If so, I'll PM you my contact info. Hope to see some MacRumors forum posters there! Good luck to everyone attempting to wait in line.

22. thread starter macrumors 6502

Curious if theres already a line there...tried to take a nap but theres too much adrenalin in me

23. macrumors member

When are all of you getting there? I was thinking about trying to get there around 3:00am, but I wasn't sure if that was either too early or late. Thoughts?

24. macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,
    So I decided to go to Century City earlier today to get the official low down from everyone in person. Here's what I uncovered:

1) Mall security / mall concierge informed me that the Santa Monica entrance is indeed open 24 hrs a day.

2) Overnight parking runs about 20 bucks. However, validation from the concierge booth (they open at 10 AM) will be comped, provided you show them a receipt proving you spent $250.00 or more.

3) Apple reps were not terribly helpful. They mostly told me what we already know. They have no idea how much stock they'll be receiving aside from pre-orders of course.

Based on interest / phone calls they've been receiving, the earliest time that potential customers are lining up is 4 AM. This is all hear-say so take this with a grain of salt. Overall, the general consensus seems less panicky and rushed than I would have thought.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and I plan on arriving around 3 - 3:30. PM Me if you'd like to meet up / chat during the oh-so-fun overnight wait.

25. thread starter macrumors 6502

I just talked to the mall security and they are starting the line now at 1801 Placa by gamestop (the east walk-in entrance to the mall, look HERE). I'm heading there in 1 hour and post updates every now and then but I can't write much since I'm on a N95 which isn't very suited for long sentences.