wget + downloading darwin

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wala, Jul 22, 2006.

1. wala macrumors member

To download an ISO image of Darwin I have to log in with my Apple ID on my browser. But I don't like how my browser (Camino) handles Darwin, ungzipping the image(solved with a right-click and "download link target") , not allowing continuing downloads after I have canceled them, etc. What is the procedure (using certificates, I think) to download Darwin directly via wget? Also...

...any alternative non-login non-torrent download mirrors for Darwin (Planet mirror's darwin directory is empty:()

...any way to stop my browser from auto ungzipping the file and displaying it in the browser window (anything in about:config?)

EDIT: I meant this thread to be in "Mac OS X Applications", not "Mac OS X"

2. reh macrumors 6502a

If it's just a matter of needing a referer, you can use the following flag with wget (wget --help for more).
    Code:
    --referer=URL           include `Referer: URL' header in HTTP request.

3. wala thread starter macrumors member

What is the referer URL? Whatever I do, I get
    Code:
    ERROR: Certificate verification error for daw.apple.com: unable to get local issuer certificate
    To connect to daw.apple.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
    Unable to establish SSL connection.
    at the very end of the message.

4. reh macrumors 6502a

Just try what it tells you. Use "--no-check-certificate".

5. wala thread starter macrumors member

Tried already, it downloads a copy of the web page which asks me for my password, and not the file.

6. reh macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I've hit the end of help here I'm afraid. Perhaps try downloading with a different web browser such as safari (turn off open safe files) or firefox.