Whack and iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by the_freddinator, Mar 6, 2007.

1. the_freddinator macrumors regular

My iPod's screen has been cracked for 6 or 7 months now and I've been having lots of HD problems (not surprising). Usually what happens is the iPod will freeze and I hear the HD starting up, clicking, slowing down. This repeats until I either reset the iPod or it quits. This morning, I was doing my routine iPod whacking and noticed it wasn't working. The iPod is making a high-pitched ringing noise and does not respond to my historically-useful iPod Palm Strike (patent pending).

Anyone know of any other bad ways to fix your iPod when it's not working? I've already tried shaking, hitting, bending, squeezing, and combinations of these.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

How old is the iPod? If you still have AppleCare (one year standard warranty), I would bring it in to Apple. There was another thread on here about someone with their iPod making a high-pitched noise, but either way hit up Apple.

3. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I wonder why it's not working.

4. the_freddinator thread starter macrumors regular

The iPod is from early last year and I do have Applecare on it. The warranty is void due to the cracked screen, however.

Heh...yeah....In my defense....nevermind. This is pretty much all my fault...

::EDIT::

I opened up the ipod and tapped the HD a few times. It's working now.