Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Have literally just read this on the BBC site & was on my way over to post it.

Absolutely bizarre. It seems odd that crusty whale vomit is one of the most sought after perfumes. I wouldn't recommend trying this at home with any other kind of vomit. :eek:

TheMasin9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2004
Huber Heights, OH
lmao

Counterfit said:
Ah, so THIS is why all perfumes smell like concentrated ass. :eek:
amen to that, nice comment. im a community (resident) advisor and when my residents get in wars with cologne and perfume its sooo bad...

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Temujin said:
Don't find US$295,000 (£165,300) sickening :p

But considering how much perfume this will make, I think its one gram per gallon or something that extreme for perfume oil never mind eau de toilette , so the perfume maker can make huge profits off this.
And it does smell really nice, my grandmother has a vial of this, she has had forever and it still smell very strong and pleasant :rolleyes:

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
ldenman said:
now, how can i relate this to US history for extra credit?
whale oil and whaling were an important of our history. this is another whale fluid. i guess.
but eww.....................:p

C

CompUser

Did you know bonanza come from "good weather" in spanish.

I watched jeopardy today.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
the fact that its got to spend 10 years floating around in the ocean to cure is nuts.

So next time I'm on the beach, I'll be looking for this stuff :D

1 pound of the stuff would be $9,000 - that's awesome!

D

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
ya know...this seems like one of those "where'd they get the idea things."
who was the guy to say "hey--let's take this whale vomit thats been out at sea for several years, mix it with a bunch of oils and such, and spray it on ourselves. i'm sure it smells good!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.