What a wonderful world we live in

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Abstract, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/10/24/1161455722271.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

News Video (safe viewing......it was shown on the news)

This news made me physically sick. I actually wanted to throw up after reading it. Nobody should have to suffer acts like this. Weird how messed up our society is because of what guys are willing to do to have fun. :rolleyes: I'm not that old, but I still think that even kids born 5 years after me grow up so much faster, and yet are less mature somehow. It makes no sense, but for people who watch what's going on, it appears true.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I had the same reaction. I still can't believe it.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

4. Queso macrumors G4

I hope they rot in jail for a very long time.

5. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

And before anyone gets started, "ABC = Australian Broadcasting Corporation or something like that. This didn't happen in America.

Ok, carry on....

6. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

The Education Department guy says it won't be tolerated and the kids get expelled. Where's the deterrent in that? Bullying of any kind is abhorrent, but this kind of thing makes me want some heavy-handed justice. And selling the DVD at other schools hardly demonstrates regret.

7. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

they'll get court sentances as well. what those boys did is disgusting. They are idiots if they thought they could get away with it; they put their faces on the camera, for christs sake!

They need to be put away for a long time.

8. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I saw the title of this thread and really hoped it was going to be something positive; sadly not :(

I do believe there's far more good than evil in the world, but I do worry about the younger generation and how they get their kicks.

9. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, I thought that part of the story was pretty funny as well. Well, as funny as this type of newsstory can be....

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That is very wrong.

Reminded me of a gang, about 100 miles south of me. They kidnapped a teenage girl, nobody knows what happened when she was captive as they doused petrol and other stuff on her and set her on fire in a field. It really hit me, I kept wondering "what if that was my girlfriend or my sister?". God I hate scum. I hope he does too.

11. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Sounds like something out of a KKK movie. S**t! :( How can people do that?

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Rotting in jail is too nice of a punishment for them, daily beatings are more appropriate. ;) :mad:

13. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'm sure that they'll be on the receiving end of a good kicking or two as well, poor little lambs.

What strikes me isn't just the downright nastiness of what they did, but the fact that they were stupid enough to film evidence of their crime and then dole it out to people. :rolleyes:

14. Queso macrumors G4

Karma sort of demands it doesn't it.

15. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

One can only hope for that to be the case. They most certainly deserve it. :mad:

Good point, they are certainly not the smartest criminals. :rolleyes:

Most certainly. :D

16. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

17. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

18. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Maybe if they go to adult prison. They might, since they're not like 12 years old or something. They're old enough to shoot a movie, edit it, put it on DVD with a professional looking CD Label and DVD box.

And I wonder what criminals in jail might do to people like this. Yes, they are in jail themselves, but if they found what these kids did to be absolutely sick, but I wonder if they'd beat these kids a little......maybe harrass them? I hope so....

19. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I agree. I normally think that these reports of people getting beaten up whilst in jail is appalling, but actually I think these kids should be put through as much pain as possible. What twisted little f***ers :mad: :mad: :mad:

EDIT: It's just occurred to me that it's shocking how childish someone who's at least 3 years older than me can be...

20. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I hope whatever they did to that poor girl (hoping not much more other than what was described in the quote), the samething happens to them in jail; let the punishment fit the crime. They are poor excuses for human beings to say the very least. :mad: :mad: :(

Please keep us posted on any further news developments.

I was hoping the for the same.

21. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Did you notice the report said one (or more?) of the bullies' parents laughed the matter off. WTF? They should serve time, too.

22. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

what the hell is wrong with those kids, correction monsters? Not only is this just morally wrong in every way, they are selling away footage that is incriminating to themselves. what dumbasses. but their stupidity will greatly help the court make the daily beating punishment for the rest of their lives.

excuse my language but wow.

23. Mac Kiwi macrumors 6502a

They wont get kickings in prison.My guess is they will be put straight into segregation.

Some of the lil bastards will no doubt get home detention as well.

They also threw a flare on a homeless guy as well I believe.

24. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

[​IMG]
    Aversion therapy. That might have some effect...

25. Greebazoid macrumors regular

What if there is no god and we, as a species, as a society, as a culture - are *all* that is responsible for our own actions?