What about a dedicated TV/Movie/Entertainment forum?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by stonyc, Oct 14, 2005.

1. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I'd kind of like to see a separate forum, maybe under the Community discussion forum like Politics/Religion is now... Between the Lost threads, Serenity, Anime, Layer Cake, etc. and other threads that have popped up recently I think a separate forum might be justified. Yea? Nay?

2. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

My opinion is that they are fine within community discussion.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Relatively, threads about TV/Film are few and far between. No where near the kind of numbers that would warrant a new forum.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No also

There will be discussions about the technology, but that belongs under the iPod forums, etc., but as E said, while there are some threads, even active threads, they don't warrant a sub forum in my opinion.

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yay or nay?

Take it from the horse's mouth...

NEIGH!

•

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is a great idea. Especially as video content grows for iTunes, so will demand. Eventually we will even need video recs. just like we do with music now. It is not that far off right now.

I Second a Yeah! Vote

TEG

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This has been discussed before and I think the consensus was that the community forum works fine.

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Community Discussion is a catch-all for non-Mac discussions and discussions that fit no other forum, and Politics, Religion, Social Issues has been split off only because of its different nature. We'd rather not divide it up further if we can help it, since it makes more work for moderators and it adds to the "off-topic clutter" in the overall forum list.

Any thread that has anything to do with another forum should go in that forum instead of Community Discussion, e.g., websites in Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion, music in Music Discussion, etc.

Edit: Threads about Apple (the company), Steve Jobs (the life form), Apple Stores (the party location and shopping experience), and other Appleish and Macinsh topics should be in Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion, Current Events, or another specific forum, rather than in Community Discussion.

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i second that. YES!

either a new forum or add it somehow to the itunes/ipod forum. if gaming gets a forum, why not tv/movie? that would leave the community forum to more personal, funny, courious stuff. and if a movie/tv related issue fits the community discussion then you still can post it there.