What about Mac Book Pro?

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by Blunk, Jan 15, 2008.

  1. macrumors member

    Jan 15, 2008
    I have to say that I'm disappointed with the 08' Keynote beacuase Apple forgot about the Mac Book Pro. Maybe they should had add things like the new Intel that
    apple didn't upgrade the Mac Book Pro to the new Intel Penryn core and
    other things like the Multi-gesture track pad from the Air.
    Any rumors about that?
  2. macrumors 6502a

    Oct 29, 2006
    I think you'll see Penryn in the next few weeks. I have a feeling we're going to see upgrades every 6-8 weeks this year. MBP, iPhone, iPods, etc spaced more evenly throughout the year.
  3. macrumors 6502a


    Oct 3, 2007
    Oh shoot! We forgot about the MacBook Pro! Can we update it in time? Oh, man we always forget that it exists!!!
  4. McGiord, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

    macrumors 601


    Oct 5, 2003
    Dark Castle
    I also was expecting good news for the MacBook Pro...
    It seems that we must wait more...
    Ferrari F1 640 history
  5. macrumors 68000


    Mar 19, 2006
    Remember, MBP is a Pro product. Macworld is a consumer show. (Despite the MBA, I think that is also more a professional product) We'll see MBP updates soon enough.
  6. macrumors regular


    Dec 31, 2007
    Westerville, OH.
    Yeah, I a thinking MBP will surface just like Mac Pro did.
  7. macrumors 6502a


    Jan 30, 2007
    up tha holler, acrost tha crick
    I predict :cool: (hope?) that a silent update to the MBP will happen in the next four weeks.
  8. thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 15, 2008
  9. macrumors 6502

    May 7, 2007
    New York, NY
    there was rumors a macbook pro update would come out tom the 16th but i doubt it! best bet is proly may ? anyway wht i really wanted to see was a leopard update!
  10. macrumors regular

    Oct 21, 2007
    New England
    Your first link appears to be just fine for the current MBP. The second one appears to me to be desktop ram, though it says "for Apple notebook." The fact that the image doesn't match up is enough for me to say no for the second link.
  11. macrumors 6502


    Sep 13, 2007
    what about the Mac Mini?
  12. macrumors newbie

    Jan 16, 2008
    i totally agree with you, aperture... therefore, a useful amount of "professional" patience is the key!

    a general question 2 the readers of this thread:
    how is it... when the new MBP will be released, are the prices going to be higher in the beginning and then dive after - say - two or three weeks? i mean, how has that been in the past... never observed it actively.therefore my question.

    sincerely yours
  13. macrumors regular


    Jan 9, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I would hope they stay consistent with what they are now. I mean how much higher could they go?? Maybe I shouldn't ask that. Anyways, I've never really watched prices changes either so my only guess is they won't increase. My deal is I'm at a big divide right now. I'm about to buy a notebook but cannot choose between the new Air or the Pro. Once I buy the amenities I need for the Macbook Air I could buy the lower grade pro for cheaper and still have a better machine. I really really like the portability of the new machine though. If there isnt a mac book pro update soon I might be getting an Air.
  14. macrumors member

    Jan 12, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Don't forget that the MacBook Pro is an existing product. Thus Apple won't announce an update until the existing inventory is down and the new product is ready or just about shipping. Why would they announce it in advance, as they would risk losing sales on the existing product. My guess you'll (we'll) just have a to wait a little while longer (2-4 weeks?). I hope so at least, as I'm waiting to upgrade too... :)
  15. macrumors 65816


    Jun 3, 2007
    MacBook Pro updates may have overshadowed the release of the Air which is why I think Apple didn't want to do it at MWSF's keynote. Updates are coming soon, though. Expect to see some more rumors in the coming weeks.
  16. macrumors member

    Jan 8, 2008
    They are going to announce a bunch of updates this year and wanted to spread it out. (IMHO)
  17. McGiord, Jan 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

    macrumors 601


    Oct 5, 2003
    Dark Castle
    I always buy RAM and HDD from www.macsales.com .
    Good customer service and quick delivery, they do accept International Credit Cards, some other online stores don't.
    Honda SH150i history
  18. Guest


    Aug 5, 2007
    Las Vegas,NV
    In spring the 3G iPhone is coming out so yeah probally in May
  19. macrumors member

    Jan 10, 2008
    Elk Grove, CA
    What about Blu-ray

    I am still hoping the update includes a blu-ray burner. Sony and Dell both have blu-ray burners in their pro laptops.

    I am hoping for a blu-ray event where they introduce blu-ray drives available across the pro lines. If you want to own any movies at all at 1080p, it would fill hard-drives fast, no matter how big they are.
  20. macrumors regular

    Jan 15, 2008
    Thank you.

    I was hoping they had some kind of announcement to this effect, instead I get the idea Apple is trying to discourage movies via optical media and instead focusing on downloads. I think both options should be available as I don't feel like I should have to pay for a rental when I already own the movie on blu-ray (I have 52 blu-ray movies and counting).

    The HD space is another concern as mentioned above...also is the time involved to download such a movie assuming you are in an wi-fi environment to make it possible. If I'm going on a trip, I'd like to be able to just take some movies with me and pop em in instead of having to pay for and download what I might want to watch right before I leave.
  21. macrumors newbie

    Jan 17, 2008
    Yeah, I've been waiting for quite some time. Haha you think you guys have old computers? I'm still chugging along with my 867 mhz TiBook. I've been waiting to purchase a MBP ever since it came out, and I finally am able to now, so I was upset to hear no such update came from Macworld. Oh well, I've waited this long, I can still hold out for a few weeks/months. If there was blu-ray in the new ones that would be so money.
  22. macrumors regular

    Jan 8, 2008
    We should change the Buyer's Guide advice to 'buy now' and tell everybody on this forum (and elsewhere) that they should buy a MBP now, as the update will probably show up in November ...

    not nice, not nice :D
  23. macrumors 6502

    Oct 30, 2007
    Christmas Island
    Yeah? What about it?
  24. macrumors regular

    Sep 19, 2007
    MBP Update

    I heard that all the new apple DVD drives were HD DVD and they had to scrap them at the last minute or else looks foolish... Just kidding, I didn't hear anything, but one might wonder if that was a possible scenario. Maybe they were going HD and at the last minute changed there plan to Blu-Ray.

    It does make sense to me that they would want to release a MBP update on top of the MBA and reduce any of the press buzz about a new machine. Although on the other hand Steve had Paul Otellini of Intel ON STAGE with him at the keynote... seems like a pretty good relationship... it'd be bizarre that apple wouldn't quickly adopt Penryen... unless Intel ALSO made a super small penryn processor for the MBP.

    I too am keeping my fingers crossed for a MBP update very very soon. I've been waiting 6 months and my existing laptop is literally dying slowly. There is something wrong on the internal USB hub causing it to mount/unmount sometimes when I move the computer... sometimes does it a thousand times a second and crashes, sometimes it doesn't. I was hoping not to have to crack it open to repair until I had a new machine ready to go.
  25. macrumors newbie

    Jan 7, 2008
    On the russian Tom's Hardware Guide website (www.thg.ru) i read that Intel has some problems with termal sensors of the mobile Penryns and will begin shipping in February.

Share This Page