What "activities" did you do in High School?

Discussion in 'Community' started by runninmac, Aug 6, 2005.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Just wondering what Macrumors community did in high school for fun or what you parents forced you to do.

For sports I run cross country and track.

For the academic side im on the class treasurer and a student guide

All them are fun and Im happy that my parents dont force me to do anything so what did you do?

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

martial arts (since i was 7) tae kwon do mostly and also kenpo (i have two black belts) but i was exposed to a little bit of everything.
    those are at least activities that i will admit to doing when i was younger ;)

3. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Crosscountry, golf
    Also I am in band, Jazz band, and a Math club of sorts.

4. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

I did Wrestling and Baseball All Four years.

Baseball was fairly easy not too much work, but Wrestling is by the hardest sport I have ever done, especially when you have to cut weight.

Has anyone else done wrestling that can back me up?

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Chess club, Math club and Social Studies club.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

A lot of track work - mainly sprinting, but really anything up to 400m. :)

I still do it quite a bit, it pays pretty well. I didn't actually get into Macs fully until after highschool. I wasn't a geek then, but things change... :D

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

not in the traditional sense but i know what you mean. plus a good friend of mine was into wrestling (in school) for a while and he said it was harder than most people gave credit for. i think he just wanted to tackle me, which he succeeded in once via element of surprise, he was so proud to take down a near black belt (i was almost there at the time, red with a black stripe) i just thought the outfits were funny :D wrestling :p - but i got teased too (for: ) "fighting in your pajamas" :D hahaha

8. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

I totally HATED and LOATHED high school.
    I think freshman year I was the V.P. of the horticulture club (I was a stoner).
    Being a stoner was the only way that I was able to make it through H.S. and living in the midwest.
    I got my first job at 15, I wanted to flee the midwest ASAP, whatever it took.
    After graduating, I worked two jobs for a year, and fled to California.

Many felt the same way that I did, one girl and her boyfriend robbed a local bank after graduation so that they could get out of the midwest, they were quickly busted. A lot of others became heroin junkies.

9. Chubypig macrumors 6502

I do student council, play baseball, am in scholar's bowl club, and I'm president of my class.

10. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Well, I'm still in high school (start senior year Monday). But let's see:
    French club, swim team mostly.
    I used to do orchestra. I also tutor French as well.

11. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i didnt do **** my freshman year :eek: (my only year so far)
    i did a bunch of stuff in middle school (academic UIL club, student council [president in 8th grade] played football, was involved really heavily in band, did njhs, buncha other crap i cant remember) but i found it alot more enjoyable doing nothing for a year :p :D
    maybe ill join a couple clubs this year, i dont know.

12. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

God i really want to get out of the Midwest ASAP. The only place in the Midwest I can really stand is Chicago or NYC. The part where I live I just cant stand the way some people think. There way to arrogent and closed minded.

13. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...absolutely none. I had no use for the place and the last thing I wanted to do was spend any more time there (or with the people) than I had to. It was only after I graduated and started in the "real world" that my education really began....oh yeah!

14. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What exactly is a class president, and what do they do?

15. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

JROTC, 3 years varsity football, 4 years varsity golf, band, history club, physics club, plus alot of other honor society crap with tutoring and everything.

16. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I don't know either. I'm not sure my school has a gov't...we've never had elections or anything.

17. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The highest athletic achievement possible: high school table tennis champ! Oddly, they didn't give me a school letter to put on my jacket. :confused:

Also president of the computer class, trumpet player in the marching band and orchestra (even had a solo in the spring musical), and publisher of my own humor newspaper.

Hey, I used to be cool! I wonder what ever happened to me?

18. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

19. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

I was in the 'burbs of Chicago, Villa Park to be exact.
    "Open Bible & Close Mind" was a favorite saying of mine.

20. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Marching band all 4 years - played trumpet. We were the best high school band in California for halftime shows at the time. We won all the competitions we entered in So Cal, then traveled up to the northern part of the state and beat the bands in a competition up there - which really surprised us. We did LA Rams, Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers halftime gigs + the Rose Parade a few times. It was a blast. The Letterette's (flag girls) were hotties :p

Also, jazz band, tennis (first team all league + league champs my senior year) and football (my sophmore year). Great time of my life, but so long ago :D

21. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Ha I live in Rockford Mich. and 1/2 (probobly a little exageration but it seems that way sometimes) the people here have that exact same philosophy (sp?) except somepeople call them the holy rollers... (dah brain not working but 2 other sayings)

22. keithpetey macrumors member

23. Vster macrumors 6502

I Wrestled and played Football (both varsity) and a little Lacrosse. But Wrestling was so hard, especially cutting weight.

24. mbdamdg macrumors member

If by NYC you mean New York City then i think you are slightly confused as to what the midwest is. :)

Well anyway, I'll be a senior in HS in a few weeks. For sports I do Cross Country and Track (I did wrestling in 7th grade and I totally agree that it is very difficult), and I work on crew for the winter play. I'm also one of two editors of the Yearbook , which takes up insane amounts of time - I spent 30 hours at school last week finishing up last year's yearbook :( (last years seniors didn't finish it on time) (well at least we work on macs) :D
    Random other assorted clubs and stuff....

25. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Pretty much everything with the following exceptions:
    homework
    X