What am I to do with my almost dead iPod?!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Littleodie914, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, here's my predicament. I have a 3G iPod that I purchased in March of this year. It has been working fine for a long time, but is now giving me a few problems. Two examples I notice frequently occur when choosing songs and playing the music quiz game. When I'm in a playlist, and I click a song to play it, it only works half the time. The other times, it plays a completely different song! I'm positive I'm clicking on the right song, and am pressing select, not play. When playing the music quiz game, the first song plays just fine, but when the second song should play, the last song instead plays for a second, then switches. Like there's a delay of some sort. Both of these are becoming annoying. I purchased Applecare when I got my iPod, and it is still very under the 2 year warranty. Does this sound like something I should have checked out? Thanks! :confused:

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This assumes you have all the iPod's music in iTunes. If you've played any tricks to get songs on the iPod that aren't on your Mac's hard drive, well, you'll want to back them up somewhere.

Anyway, what I would try is to use the firmware updater to wipe the iPod's disk, then re-sync the iPod with iTunes, to rule out a corrupt database as a possibility.

3. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Another annoyance...

Hey, I just whipped out my iTrip after a few weeks in hibernation (I've been using one of those tape deck things), and I realized that I'm now getting that weird hard drive spinning sound whenever the song switches, or if I switch the song manually. It's a very high pitched whine, and is very frustrating. Is this normal, or another reason to maybe use the applecare? :confused:

4. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Have Apple check it out - especially since it's still under the provided time (not even into the extra year you bought). The worst they could say is "We won't fix it because there's nothing wrong." If it's giving you trouble even after wiping it with the firmware updater then go ahead and send it in/take it a local AppleStore. Good luck!