What am i to do

Discussion in 'Community' started by drno9999, Aug 9, 2005.

1. drno9999 macrumors newbie

I brought my Pbook in to the applestore yester day because there was a problem with the casing and a faulty hinge. They had to ship it out for repairs, I wont have my beloved for 7-10 days....and have to use windoze machine. ahhhhhhh!!!!! on a positive note, the 300$+ repair was covered by appplecare.

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

sounds like you got a good deal- the repair was covered by apple care :D

3. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Time to look at the projects around the house that you have been putting off, read some good books or maybe learn another language...

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Seven to ten days?

I hate to tell you this, but I've had a very similar situation with a Powerbook. I shipped it to Apple directly, on a Friday. Had it back the following Monday..even though that Monday was a holiday.

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Yeah, it may not be that long at all. They told me 5-7 business days for replacing the bad Combo drive in my PB when I took it to the Apple Store on a Tuesday afternoon. They called me that Thursday to come pick it up.

7. apple2991 macrumors 6502

8. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I have a friend who fixes my computers for free, he has a Mac store and know all the way around the things. He told me he could get me the new 12" motherboard for $300 only. :rolleyes:

9. drno9999 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah THis is the second time I have used it, the first was a 500$ repair for the harddrive. The 240$ i paid for it (edu. discount) has certainly paid off. And as a side note, the windoz laptop i was using has decided not to work anymore. Now on a very old Linux box.