What an annoyance. (FireFox)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacTT, Feb 13, 2007.

1. MacTT macrumors member

Hey fellow MacRumourers.

I am having serious problems with my FireFox on my mac. I have version 2.0.0.1 and I think I tweaked something that messed up everything.

I tried changing the useragent (for some reason :confused: ) and now when I access certain websites (like hotmail) I am not granted certain privileges. Like in Hotmail, I am not able to delete my e-mails and I must go through this "Ok/Cancel" process before actually going to my mail front page.

Does anyone know what I can do to make my FireFox go back to normal? I have to use Safari to use my e-mail. :( (Nothing wrong with that of course ;) )

BTW, I have tried re-downloading FireFox and nada.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have found when I screw up apps beyond repair AppZapper allows me to remove all traces of the app so I can reinstall.

3. robosays21 macrumors member

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

oh, goto http://upsdell.com/BrowserNews/index.htm and post back your UA IDed on website.
    or try to change back all the related strings in about:config.

and Mr. #3, what does safari have anything to do with this problem?:confused:

5. MacTT thread starter macrumors member

Gee thanks everyone. AppZapper worked like a charm. Except all my bookmarks are gone :(. Oh well, thats ok. Just as long as this problem is gone. Freedom! :D

6. islanders macrumors 6502

Any reason you didn't use the bookmarks sync in the bookmark apps?