What animation software do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by rien333, Jan 1, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Hi,

I have done a lot of animation in Adobe Flash CS 4 last year, and now face the decision of choosing new animation software. As I don't actually use Adobe Flash for flash content on the web, but for generic animation that I make into QuickTime files, I was wondering if Adobe Flash CS 6 would be the right chose for me. I almost exclusively make 2D animations, and am willing to learn new software, but have no problem with staying by Adobe Flash. My budget isn't that much of an issue. I already tried Blender, but it seemed total overkill for my needs.

So, what are your thoughts?

2. simsaladimbamba

Looked at Motion or After Effects yet? Or is that something totally different from what you want?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I wasn't really clear about the stuff I animate. It is mostly stuff with drawn characters, you know kind of like cartoons. (only I make educational videos). I came across this video today, http://vimeo.com/55874553, something like this, but of course less good. :)

4. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Stick to what you know. :) I think Flash is worth it in this case.