What Anti-Virus software do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macphoria, Apr 6, 2003.

1. macphoria macrumors 6502a

macphoria

What Anti-Virus software do you recommend?

I'm sure some of you are thinking Norton Anti-Virus. But are there any alternatives that are just as good or better? And maybe even cheaper?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

most ppl don't worry about virii in osx. Its like living on antartica and worrying about getting jungle fever. My overall reccomendation is that you won't need one :). If you do need one I know the .mac account offers a virex scanner which is something to think about. The other issue with the virii scanenrs is that they kinda slow down machines in my experience which is a negative but i still have one on my pc just in case something weird happens.

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well you shouldnt worry, but i would recommend .mac. you get virus protection software and so much more. you cant believe how much i love .mac. it have proven to be so useful. if you want more info on it just give me a pm.

iJon

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

as a personal testimony, i for one have been virus and virus software free since i got my mac, which is more than i can say for my old PC, where i had both viruses and virus software concurrently. i wouldn't bother with antivirus software unless you want to get .mac.

5. macphoria thread starter macrumors 6502a

macphoria

Well, the reason I ask is because I use computer in school (as well as home) which uses OS 9 and virus associated with MS Word constantly shows up on Norton Anti-Virus. Is that virus non threat to Mac and only threat to PC? I suppose .Mac can handle that sort of problem?