what apple commercials would you like to see

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mkaake, Jun 7, 2003.

1. mkaake macrumors 65816

it seems like every 3rd thread i read these days someone is talking about how they'd love to see a mac commercial like ____. So here's my question - what mac commercials would you guys like to see be made??

the last one i thought of was with the headless g4 box... showing some guy walking up to his pc, unplugging the monitor, printer, keyboard, and mouse, and then just tearing the box from his desk and throwing it on the ground. he then very calmly picks up his new mac, places it gently on the desk, and replugs in the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and printer, turns on the power, and away he goes.

any others?

matt

2. Pipian macrumors regular

Play "Us and Them" while having 2 seperate videos on 2 seperate sides
    Under 1 is Macintosh 1984, the next is PC 1984, And Go THru the years like 1984, 1986, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, and now... and show Mac graphics and people doing things with PC's and Macs, using applictations from the specific time period, and after Now.. Have in big letters

We did it before them, and better than they do it now..

Then fade to apple logo

3. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the current ones.

In Australia, Apple advertising is light the Mac devotees, you'll see an iBook ad every now and then.

They've stepped up their advertising since the 12' PBs with a huge poster and more ads, but the ads are on at around 11-midnight.

4. vniow macrumors G4

Hell, I'd just like to see a real commercial!

Seriously, something that shows off OSX in all its glory, remember all those stupid XP commercials with people flying in the air and such?

As much as pretty much everyone here hates them, they did the one thing that Apple doesn't seem to want to do and that is to show people what OSX is capable of, maybe when Panther comes out we'll see some, but I would have liked to see some around the release of Jaguar...

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Me too.

We like the "Apple=cool", or "Think Different"-adds, because we are Mac fans.
    The huge majority of people around here (I mean: here in Europe) hardly even recognizes the Apple-logo.
    If Apple were to announce the "G5" with 64-bits Panther OS, this'll be gr8 timing for a "serious" commercial about HOW GOOD MAC'S ARE! Not how cool it looks.

6. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I want them to lie.

I want them to say, "Your PC is 32 bit. Say hello to the new Power Mac G5, using a groundbreaking new 64 bit processor.

How much larger is 64 bit when compared to 32?

2X"

Even though 64 bit computing is not 2X faster than 32 bit, I wish Apple would say it anyway. :D

7. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i think they should do an emotional montage of the previous pentium smashing ads, with apropriate music (the way we were/ memories/ etc)-
    1. slow motion of the pentium dancer being set on fire
    2. slow motion of the tanks surrounding the G4
    3. fade in on the new tower, dolly in slowly
    4. fade out/in text "It's good to be back"
    5. jeff goldlum's voice "presenting the world's most powerful personal computer. From Apple." on top of the tower.
    6. logo, web address: www.apple.com/power

8. mkaake thread starter macrumors 65816

that would rock man - seriously.

i'd love to see them do one with a p4 3.06 ghz, 800mhz fsb, and 512 (or even 1 gig) of ddr333 side by side with the new mac (whatever it may be), and do real time photoshop test...

they could say something to the effect of

here's the pentium 4, running at an astounding 3.06 ghz. fade or scroll to side of screen where there's a mac, and introduce it, running at 1.8 ghz. start the test.

<pentium blown away>

then if you didn't really want it to be serious or anything, you could drop an anvil on top of the pc or something...

matt

9. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

i think that it would be cool if they re-did the 1984 commercial. this time they should do it annoucing the New G5 and Panther. Just an idea.:rolleyes:

10. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Even do the DOOM III fps test, both on a Radeon 9800.... (I wonder)

<pentium blown away>

11. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Or show a PC running UT2003 and a Mac running UT2003. And have a little indicator showing frame rate, and have the Mac frame rate soar past the PC counterpart.

...Hey, it is possible.

Or have a commerical start out like a Windows commerical, but then have a Panther come in and maul a guy in a butterfly suit.

<edit>Oops, didn't mean this to sound like the DIII post, just didn't post fast enough.

12. mkaake thread starter macrumors 65816

lmao!! i would pay to see that commercial!

matt

13. smegdude macrumors member

i would pay to see that commercial, but for something before 9:00 how about a switch advert, but with steve jobs talking about how great the G4's were and then saying how he switched to the new G5's. He then will go on to remind you about all the switchers, who talk about how great macs are compared to pcs, then it ends with a picture of the new system and steve says "It just got a whole lot better"

14. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

If apple released a service where you could read books on the computer (eBook software) I think this would be a cool commercial:

A girl is walking down the street holding a laptop as if it is a book (example at bottom), smiling and walking briskly but looking down at the laptop. Pan to the left where a train is passing. Zoom quickly to inside of the train. Pan right 90 degrees till you are directly facing another girl who has the laptop in the same position but is sitting down in her train seat, and the laptop is resting on the table - directly to the left of the laptop is a plate with an apple on it. She has mascara running down her cheeks and she is crying commically while looking down at her laptop. She sniffles and then the camera centers and zooms in on the apple while the background fades to white and the apple becomes an 'aqua apple'

like this:
    [​IMG]

Jeff Goldblum's (preferable) voice then says something (I'm not good at thinking of witty things to put at the end of commercials :)) about having books wherever you go, or on your computer, etc.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the poor quality of this image. I didn't feel like spending a long time making it look nice ;):

Attached Files:

15. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Ads

How about a variant on the "worst questions a PC user has asked you" theme. We're talking a set of adverts which all start with a statement said by someone shot in black & white. Then BAM! A short intro as to why this statement is false, with them all finishing up with the written statement "Don't be PC. It's good to be Mac" with "Think Different" written below in smaller type.

#1: "There are no good games on the Mac"
    Teenager who obviuosly loves his computer games says this. Cue in-game footage of games like Nascar Racing 2003, Sims Superstar, Warcraft III, Doom 3 etc (ie any modern game available on the PC, preferably those with simultaneous release dates, all being shown to a pumping track (how about Elvis vs JXL "Little Less Conversation"?). Zoom out to the computer. Its a Mac (either a 17" iMac or a tower with LCD screen).

#2: "All the software I need is only available on the PC"
    Guy who looks like he knows his computers says this. Cue Mac equivalents - Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, etc, to highlight that they're not "PC only"

#3: "Macs are too expensive"
    Slightly different this one. Full page broadsheet advert showing depreciation value of PCs vs Macs, and highlighting cheaper cost of upkeep etc

#4: "Macs are for graphics designers only"
    Women who looks like she has a family to look after says this in exasperated tone. Cue (to the tune of "Something") an iMac being used for iTunes, iMovie and iCal. Show a young teenage girl with a mobile synching her phone with iSync and iCal, and someone using iPhoto and iChat. Final caption shows iLife box and iMac above quote.

#4: Macs are too slow.
    Final advert. PC "expert" introduces this. Cue (to "Stuck in the middle with you") a panning round shot of a PowerMac 970, running Shake, Final Cut Pro and Terminal, with some Quicktime movies playing in the background, and iMusic prominently showing. The end caption has a PowerMac 970 with its starting price below.

In hindsight, for a 1st year medical student waiting for his final results omorrow, I've probably put too much thought into this.:rolleyes:

16. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Re: Ads

Well, at least we know if the whole "doctor" thing doesn't turn out you could always go into marketing.

17. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Here's my commercial
    teenager (football player-you know, handsome, athletic, nice) runs in to house. Yell "Grandpa, did you get to watch the game yesterday?".
    Grandpa,'Yeah, boy, that streaming video is really nice, especially on my new imac."
    Cut to image of game on imac.
    Cut to gramps- "Doesn't it cost a lot to do that streaming stuff?"
    Grandson,"No Gramp, every Apple xserve the school buys has streaming software installed. We just set up a camera, hook it to the sever via the local network, at out it goes!"
    Grandfather, "Boy, what a person can do with an Apple."
    Fade to logo.

True it needs a little cleaning up, but something like this would be good on PAX tv, or during "60 minutes".

18. maraczc macrumors member

A simple graph comparing Centrino and Airport Extreme.

19. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Re: Ads

This is really good. It reminds me of the original literature advertising the LCD iMac.

Maybe you should email that to Apple...

20. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Don't forget to make the PC bluescreen in the middle of the test :)

21. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

show the world what a mac is capable of. show it playing games, show it playing music, using IMs, browsing the web, playing movies, making movies, not crashing, etc etc.. :D

22. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Re: Re: Ads

Aw, thankx guys and gals (ok ok...guy and gal (sorry Schiffi if you're a girl...)). I've always wanted to make this. I always thought that if I won the lottery, I'm going to setup my own set of high street Mac stores in the UK with these adverts on TV.

However, since I haven't won the lottery, donations are accepted.:p

23. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I'd quite like see Apple adverts period. You can keep the stupid iTMS ones but all I've seen recently over here was the new powerbook ones which I saw a couple of times on cable. Before that I think it was the old imac. :(

24. mkaake thread starter macrumors 65816

Re: Re: Re: Ads

man, i've been trying that one with my sig for a while now, and let me tell ya - it doesn't work all that well...

:)

matt

25. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Precisely.
    I haven't seen an Apple ad voor ages on TV here in Holland. No wonder that the average Joe over here thinks that Apple is Jurrasic Computing....
    Please start to advertize! And usefull ones! Not just "Think Different".... that makes people believe that Apples are different from Wintels, and presumably not compatible.