What apple discount is this ?

Discussion in 'Community' started by zer0army, Feb 6, 2003.

1. zer0army macrumors regular

2. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

I think its the student developer discount. It's a $99 yearly membership fee, and you get a heavy discount on computers... only like once though, heh.

3. zer0army thread starter macrumors regular

so you have to pay a fee to get the discount.....in which case once you pay it then you probably wont be saving much more the the regular student discount.....I knew there was a catch

4. bentmywookie macrumors regular

On the "i" line the discount is ok (if you are a student, you will usually at least save the $99 you paid and probably a little more), but man, on the "power" line, it is totally worth it. I remember when the superdrive Ti came out, the top of the line was $3000 and Apple was offering the double your ram for free upgrade - I configured a 1 ghz superdrive Ti with 1 gig of ram that was $2300 at the developer store. Totally awesome.

I think for non-students, you can pay $600 to join the developer connection and get the discounts too, and I think that you can use it more than once (I'm not totally positive though).

5. zer0army thread starter macrumors regular

WOW...thats sounds good since im looking to get somthing in the "power" line......

bentmywookie .....do you have any links where i can find more info about this ?

6. Choppaface macrumors 65816

what about those other auctions (by a similar guy, perhaps?) that have 'information' for free cameras and such...?
    I think I saw one for a free ipod....

7. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

They require you to open a "business" and request free product samples. It's lame.

8. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs