What application for modifying a jpeg of my daugher?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pcpacker, Nov 9, 2004.

1. pcpacker macrumors member

I just got the iMac today. My dad emailed me a photo of my 7 year old daughter. I assumed that this should go to iPhoto, but now I am wondering.
    Is iPhoto a place to store all of my digital photos, or just a way to get them off of a camera? Also, what about red eye touch up and turning a color to B/W before printing? Any advice would be great.

2. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

iPhoto will do all of those things you're asking about - think of it as a digital version of a photo album, that happens to have simplistic darkroom tools for fixing minor photo blemishes and color changes. If you want a little more power for the editing part, you should look into Photoshop Elements, or if you feel like going whole-hog, then get Photoshop CS, although the learning curve on CS is a bit steep.

One nice thing to remember is that iPhoto is non-destructive, so that if you totally fubar your original image by tinkering, you can just revert back to the original and lose the changes.

3. pcpacker thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your quick response.

I cannot seem to get the photo into iPhoto. When I control click, or export, it wants to go to preview instead. Any advice?

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Open iPhoto.

Click on picture(s) and drag into iPhoto. iPhoto will then import them into its library.

Go to File->Export and choose your settings.