Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvdiva

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I know little snitch doesn't work. is there a list somewhere of what doesn't work or only kind of work plus any work arounds? thanks. Look forward to getting it soon but really want netbarrier and little snitch to work.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
dvdiva said:
I know little snitch doesn't work. is there a list somewhere of what doesn't work or only kind of work plus any work arounds? thanks. Look forward to getting it soon but really want netbarrier and little snitch to work.
I think it's too soon to really ask. Wait until the second half of next week when people start get Tiger.

Of course if you have critical applications, you could check the websites for those and if there is no information, send them email asking. I did that for a couple of things and they said check back closer to Tiger's release date.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I hope lil snitch gets an update. It's been awhile, and it is a great application. I hate when programs call home.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Little Snitch has been updated already to v. 1.2b2, which will work with Tiger. Quicksilver is also being updated.

I think as long as you have the latest revisions you should be OK. Developers have had the beta's for long enough now.

bpd115

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
Popcorn
Remote Desktop (needs to be version 2.2 which isn't released yet)
Bittorrent

and as an aside, iChat AV seems to only give 30 fps when doing G5 to G5 (possibly dual G4 too)...15 FPS otherwise.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
Personally I'm concerned about Audio HiJack Pro (should be fixed soon), Delicious Library (which i've heard nothing from, 1.5 was supposed to be released a long time ago). Quicksilver will have an update coming soon almost as soon as Tiger comes out so that's alright. plus a few other utilities.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
VLC doesn't fully work in Tiger. You can't select the audio and video streams and no way to go fullscreen in the monitor of your choice in dual monitor mode. Hopefully they'll update VLC in a timely manner. It also crashes sporadically.

meghop

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2002
can anyone post about issues with Endnote 8 performance and CWYW in Word 2004...and any issues with SPSS 11.0.3? I am debating getting an external harddrive to run panther off of to run those apps if Tiger breaks them, so any info would be appreciated. thanks :)

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Only problems I've had are:

Cisco VPN doesn't work.
Snerdware's groupcal broke with the new version of iCal
Transmit FTP sometimes crashes on me
Virtual PC virtual network switch doesn't seem to work under Tiger

That's all I've found so far.

I'm happy that all my other apps are working fine, including Unison, Azureus, Menu Meters, Sharepoints, Toast, et cetera are working great.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I'm waiting to hear about QuarkXpress and other design apps including utilities like Suitcase & Distiller...

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
Cocktail doesn't work with Tiger, as could be expected.

Interestingly enough, options made with Cocktail back on 10.3 (for instance, I have it set so that minimized windows are transparent) hold over into 10.4. You simply cannot open the cocktail app, but it appears that it's settings for the most part remain. I'm worried about how this could possibly be a negative, but for now I don't really care.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
hmmmmmmmm....someone must have accidentally shipped hundreds of copies of Tiger, ;) ;)

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
That Darn Digidesign...

As always, Digidesign (Pro Tools) is holding me back form an immediate upgrade. If my Digi001 would work with another audio app, I would so be moving away from Digi. Grrr. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.