What Are Doing On This Lovely Friday?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Jun 16, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Think I might go to see my little cousin graduate from jr. high. :)

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Waiting to see if I am actually getting headhunted from my job.. and then considering how much % I'm going to ask for as a pay increase.
    15% 25% 35%?

<hope>

4. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I was hoping my new bike would arrive today (ordered it Tuesday and was told it should arrive by the end of the week). No call yet, so that seems unlikely.

Next, I hope that my new cranks I ordered for my other bike arrived, so I can put those on tonight. Depends of that comes in today or not.

If possible, I'd like to go to BikeFest in Ann Arbor tonight, but not sure about that either.

The only thing I know for sure is that at 8, I'm hanging out with my girlfriend, kicking her butt in scrabble (yeah right, she always wins...), and having a nice glass (or two, or three) of the Kübler 53 I received not long ago :D

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I have my World Philosophy midterm. Right now I'm giving my mind a rest. I've been studying all day :).

e

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

After work i'm going home....chill out and watch TV.

Bless

7. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I have to post in the past tense...

I worked from 9am - 6pm and it was really really busy all day.:( This wasn't good because I finished work the night before at 10.30pm and then didn't get to sleep until around 3am - this meant only 4 hours sleep. I was exhausted by the end of it.

Then a friend called to see if I wanted to go see the Da Vinci Code, so I did. Got home around midnight, thought I'd flake it straight away. Yet here I am at 3 in the morning. :eek:

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Oooo! Lemme know how that goes, I've been dying to try some absinthe-like drink!

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Working like crazy, in 10 minute spurts.
    Between the spurts, cutting and conditioning roses for a rose show I have to set up between 9PM and 11PM tonight at a local mall (adroit, Dufff-Mac, WiliamW - Hillside Mall, centre court)
    Show runs all day Saturday, then go from there directly to a BC Open championship ballroom dance competition, which will last until Midnight (spectating, not competing -- this year ;) )
    Sunday will be for sleeping....

Oh d@#n I ofrget. I'm also photographer for the rose show, so Sunday is for putting the results on the website. www.victoriaroses.org

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Friday is sooo yesterday.

3:30am Saturday morning. I'm watching Netherlands vs Ivory Coast and stuffing around on the internet.

That's about it.

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Right now I'm at work. I'll leave in a couple hours, go home and clean up, possibly go grocery shopping, and then my girlfriend is coming over...we're going to stay in and eat dinner, maybe watch a couple movies, that sort of thing.

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I've always wondered what it is like in the Future, Chundles.
    Is it all shiny and glossy newness?

13. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

It's VERY good. I've had absinthes before, but this particular one is the best I've had yet. So many flavors...it's one of the most complex drinks I've ever tasted.

I'll shoot you a PM :)

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It's 6:30pm. I've just got home on a hot stuffy Friday afternoon in London. It's been a long week and after an hour with my beautician, I'm sitting in front of the Mac with an ice-cold Budvar, checking my spam and dipping into MR.

Within the next hour, I shall be having a nap before I get up to a little mischief tonight.

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Not really, it's dark and chilly. But there's football on the TV so that's keeping it interesting.

16. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Right.. it's winter in the future. I don't think I could ever get used to summer heat at Christmas.

17. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It's great, you have the early morning present opening, then you go have a relaxed BBQ at the beach with a big platter of prawns, lobster, Balmain Bugs, and loads of fresh juicy summer fruit like mangoes and rockmelon and watermelon and some home made ice cream.

Or you do what we do and have a massive feed at my Nan's place in the air conditioning, fall asleep around 3pm and spend the next few days trying to finish off the Christmas Ham and watching the Boxing Day cricket test in Melbourne on the TV.

18. darrengreer macrumors regular

Softball game at 8:30!!

19. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

No crab? mad jew will be pleased to see he's not on the menu. :p

20. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

That DOES sound like fun! It would be a tough psychological shift though..

21. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

On the flip side, I don't think I'd have a problem having a "White" Christmas just becuase we're so used to seeing it all so often in movies on TV etc.

22. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It's pretty cool. The Christmas carols don't make any sense because they were all written in the Northern Hemisphere and it's only recently we've started to move away from the traditonal British (warm, rich foods) fare (after 230 years...) and onto the local stuff.

I've had both summer and winter Christmases and they both have their pros and cons. Winter ones have the atmosphere and the feeling but summer Christmas Days go on for ages because daylight saving gives us a very long day indeed. The problem with summer and Christmas down here is that you always run the risk of a Bushfire Christmas. Now they suck. Any Australian Christmas where you go outside and can smell smoke and the only white stuff falling from the sky is ash is not a good year.

23. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Off to the County Fair after work to get my yearly fix on fried junk. Two years ago it was fried twinkies, last year fried snickers. I wonder what the next new thing is to throw in a vat of oil?

24. emw macrumors G4

emw

"Working" right now, but will be heading out to get some new baseboards for my son's new bedroom in a couple of hours.

I'd be doing more working, but IT has my MBP to install some new software on it (lord knows they can't trust us users to do that sort of thing...).

25. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Chocolate bars, yeah, but twinkies??? :eek: