What are my options?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AP_piano295, Jun 17, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Im buying a new ibook with bluetooth in the next couple of months and im wondering what bluetooth mice are out there?

2. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

Apple Wireless Mouse
    Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth
    Logitech MX 900
    RadTech BT500

I own the Apple wireless mouse and it tracks well and gets great battery life, but the one-button and lack of a track wheel drive me nuts. Currently I'm using a Logitech MX 500 that I had lying around. It's wired, but with the right-mouse button, scroll wheel and extra buttons hooked up for Expose and Dashboard - it's much nicer. I've considered selling my Apple wireless mouse and buying the Logitech MX 900.

I use the Microsoft BT mouse on my PC and it works great on the PC, but when I tried it on my Mac Mini, it did not track nearly as well.

3. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Logitech MX500 is a great mouse to have, though you are tethered to the computer since it's not wireless. Will the MX 900 work for Macs sicne it got it's own blue tooth device? Just curious

4. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

Yeah, I really like the MX 500... actually I think I have a MX 510, slightly revised or something. Before I moved it to my Mac, I mostly used it for gaming on my PC since I normally use a BT mouse on my PC as well, but wireless isn't the best for gaming.

I have heard other people on this forum have used the MX 900 with their Macs, so I am sure it works. Although the MX 900 comes with a BT receiver, I would assume you can use the built-in BT module in your Mac with MX 900 as well. That is what I would intend to do if/when I pick up the MX 900.