What are my Options?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by poppe, Jul 17, 2006.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I have a 2001 Mustang (V6 whimpy), and recently the Mach Sound System that is notorious for breaking down, broke down. The FM/AM tuner still worked but the CD's got stuck. Because I have an extended warranty the CD player was fixed, or so I was told. 3 weeks later the CD player has broke again.

I want to take it to Ford and get it fixed again, but I can't keep paying $100 deductable everytime it breaks.

So what are my options? Do I have any rights here?
    Or do i have to go pay $100 again to get it fixed?

I dont think I should have to pay again because it is exactly the same problem as last time with an added brokenness to it (if that makes sense).

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Contact your Ford dealer and tell them that they didn't fix it correctly the first time. Be firm (but polite) and make it clear that this and the initial repair should be considered a single incident for which you should only have to pay one deductible.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Save your $100 and put it towards an aftermarket stereo. You can get a lower end (yet still great) unit for about $300. I've got a Pioneer one that plays MP3 CDs for around that price, excellent unit.

4. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

I have a $500 Alpine (2 years ago anyways) that was amazing, but because of the Mach System you can't use factory speakers because they are at 2 ohms and after market CD players are at 4 ohms (or vice versa maybe)... So to replace the CD player, not only would I have to replace that I would also have to replace the 8 speakers. (two woofers and two tweeters per front and back)

5. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Ok thanks I didn't know how to put it. I can never articulate my words well, so I usually get the shaft by companies like Ford...

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That sucks. It's why I'm not a huge fan of "premium" sound systems, they always seem to introduce something that makes it a pain to upgrade. My car has the premium Infinity system, but fortunately, the only thing special I had to do was make sure my remote wire was hooked up to my Pioneer headunit to turn on the stock amp.

7. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Yeah it really sucks. I didn't know about it when I bought the car... It's nice to have a 6 disc and all, but I'd rather Have my Alpine with MP3 Cd's...
    Heck I can' even install my 12 inch JL's subs because the box is to big for the trunk. I'd have to get a custom made box so that it fits in the trunk...

Anyways Any other suggestions?