What are some good microphones, editing software?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by amantedemúsica, Mar 17, 2007.

1. amantedemúsica macrumors newbie

Hey everybody! I was pondering, what are some good microphones that I can hook up to my iBook G4 to use for recording instruments, voices, etc.? And I would like to add cheap (Max $100, shooting for $50-$75 range) as for the fact that I make little money. If anyone can help me, muchos gracias. :D

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

the only two mics i'd recommend in that range are the sm57 and AT2020. of course, you'll need a mic pre and a/d converter between the mic and your mac...

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If you don't have a USB audio interface / Preamp, then you're not going to hit that price range.

If a single microphone is all you need to record, then you can look at the Samson and BLUE USB microphones. They have the advantage of being plug and go, the disadvantage that they do not work for any other sound reinforcement - you can't plug them into a mixer or a live sound system.

If you need more than one microphone input however, you are back to needing a A/D interface of some kind, and a preamp or mixer of some kind.

4. amantedemúsica thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help, also, what is a good editing software for putting different sounds together (other than garageband)?

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20