What are some good skincare products..?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jdm_rsx, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Jdm_rsx macrumors 6502

Price is important but not too much

im trying out claircilane right now...some hydro thingy

but i cant seem to find it online...

anyone?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well it really depends on what you need it to do.

i use St. Ives Apricot face scrub, it works for me.

3. Jdm_rsx thread starter macrumors 6502

what about brands?

im just recovering from acne attacks in the past...

some red / blemishes..i dont think its scar but i still have acne issues..

i been using this estee lauder product skin refiner...it seems to be working but slowly....and quite expensive...

so im searching some other brands to try...or products...

4. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

OK, I'm a bit of a nerd for knowledge like this, Neutrogena products are generally the best for everything.

They do not use an oil base which doesn't leave your skin oily. You should get a cleanser, and a pore refiner (probably 12 bucks) like already mentioned, its good to have a face scrub (I like apricot as well), do the scrub before you clean/refine and you will have the smoothest skin on macrumors (other than me;) ) in a months time.

BTW you don't have to use the scrub everyday, generally people get irritated skin with all that so start every other day or every two days and when your skin gets used to it, do it more often. Also, all this can be done in the shower and once a day. clean twice a day if you need to, but it gets really annoying to have to do all that at a skin. JustMO

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Awhile back I got a ton of free samples from Mario Badescu; my skin was never as amazing... but it is a full regime (like regularly using 3+ products) and not the cheapest so I haven't yet bought the products since running out of the samples. :eek:

If you go to the site and sign up for a personzlied consult thingie/email list, then you should still be able to get free samples geared specifically toward your skin type.

6. Jdm_rsx thread starter macrumors 6502

what is a apricot scrub?

got a link to explain what it is? where can i get them?

i've been using neutrogena for awhile....the acne cleanser...it seems to be working but very slowly...im afraid it will scar...i dont even know whats the main cause of all of these acne's....

i've been using orlane or claircilane hydro cream

is cream more effective or lotion?

thanks!!

7. CompUser Guest

See a dermatologist, they probably have the best solution.

How bad is it.

8. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

Just make sure it doesn't have an oil base. Lotions and creams are basically same except lotions are lighter, make sure what ever you used doesn't clog your pores, and never go to sleep feeling oily/grimy. You will wake up to surprises.

Laser resurfacing will take care of scars, you can get apricot scrubs at target, anywhere really. It basically scrapes the first layer of skin off your face giving you a softer, more even complextion. BTW, the scrub isn't enough, you need a cleanser. Have 2 and interchange them, when your skin gets used to one, it won't work as well (Im serious) you then change to the other cleanser and you'll be surprised at the results. ;)

9. Jdm_rsx thread starter macrumors 6502

im from hawaii / oahu to be exact

we dont have target here...lol

we got wal mart...

= )

ya i have an appointment w/ my friend's derma on the 27th...its still far away but ill see..

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I've only ever used soap and water. I also drink about 3 or four litres of water a day.

My skin's pretty good, occasional outbreak when exams are on etc but nothing too worrying. I tend to get the really deep ones that don't surface but hurt like hell.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't really know what you're asking for, but if you need moisturizer or something like that, I always use the Tea Tree Oil one from Body Shop. It's not that I get outbreaks often. The Tea Tree one just doesn't make my face look greasy after I use it, while every other moisturizer does. It was purposely designed to give a "matte" look rather than shiny, so it's definitely non-greasy. Oh, and Tea Tree oil does help prevent breakouts. It smells a bit funny, but I sort of like it now. ;)

12. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    I like Weleda's after shave balm and Clinique's skin texture lotion for my face.

Kiehl's Creme de Corps is am amazing moisturizer for your body.

All of this stuff is expensive...but hey, it's your face. People DO judge a book by it's cover.

13. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

14. Jdm_rsx thread starter macrumors 6502

holy lord, that is some expensive stuff!