Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Webb, Jul 9, 2011.
Can someone care to explain ?
Thanks is advance
There are lots, but you should probably post this under iPad hacks
Does anybody know if mobile notifier works for iPad. I know it's optimized for iPhone but will it work on iPad?
All the advantages that people got for jailbreaking iPhone.
One is you can custom you homescreen and lockscreen to your preference.
IMHO after I bought all the apps I need to get all the functions I need when there was no homebrew stuff I don't feel the need to jailbreak mine
I have jailbroken my iPhone since iOS 1,2,3,4 and apple tv and always thought the experience was well worth it. The iPad however isn't that great there are no apps that make me want to keep the jailbreak or the ones that do are only good in theory and are very buggy such as full force. Considering how easy the install is and how easy it is to remove do it but I can't see any true advantage unless you want to add a theme.
Also, can you develop apps for distribution using a jailbroken iPhone for testing? I only want to put mobile notifier on my iPhone.
Try reading the MR rules.
Yes its working with the iPad, but the notifications are just shown in the top right corner. You have to test it for yourself if you like it on iPad or not.
Its so easy to do I dont know why anyone wouldn't. Here are some of the things I think are very useful.
- Once the camera kit is fixed (any day) you can use it to store movies on the go.
- Safari upgrades allow adblocking, fullscreen, quick action menus, features like scroll all the way up/down, a quick action menu and more. There are other browsers that do some of these but safari with the upgrades is my favorite browser.
- Save videos from the native youtube app
- I also like the ability to record the screen with display recorder.
- Inifinite apps in a folder/page allowing you to organize apps how you want.
- The ability to quickly clear memory through sbsettings plugins, as weel as restart rather than just turn off.
- Yes the UI customization
- Fake location is great if you use the nba or mlb apps that black you out from local teams.
And many more.....
It doesn't have any miracle MUST HAVE apps but there are plenty of reasons.
At least 4 things:
- enhance the look of screens, icons, dock...
- many small usefull apps, both free or paid
- go into some hidden options and folders
- having fun.
(Just make a backup of your iPad in iTunes, so you can revert to old & official - that is, not jailbroken - state of your iPad, and enjoy.)
Lots of advantage really by jailbreaking.
you can have themes, make safari a better browser with full screen, gesture, more tabs etc, you can have scrolling dock with more icons, proper Notifications, overboard to see overview of all your pages with a pinch of fingers, lots and lots of little tweaks that will make your ipad a better tools.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)
Themes? There are like 3 iPad themes.
lol cant wait to see that on my ipad2 screen.
Read this, all the cool stuff you can do with JB...
i have enabled Voice Control on my iPad 2 and ported Clock app and Stocks app
I will post a video in next couple days how to enable these features
this THREAD talked about adding the missing apps (only how to add the clock, weather, stocks, and calculator) when jailbroken.
Also, here's a direct link to instructions on how to add them: HOW TO
I've used some of the previously mentioned:
But one I just set was the "Mail SureSend" tweak.
When typing on the iPad, I have a few times inadvertently pressed the "Send" email button. Oops! It just happens on such a large TOUCH screen. Also kinda cool, you can custom the popup. Cute. But it works great. It's saved me from sending an incomplete or typo loaded email until I'm ready for SURE!