What are the best apps that do not require an internet connection?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iHavequestions, Dec 16, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

I am going on a monster flight (12 hours) and there's no wifi on the plane. Trying to find great apps that kill time whether it would be games or content apps. What are the best ones that don't require a connection?

2. macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Tower madness HD (unless you have an iPhone/iPod). A connection is prefered to update your stats after games, but is not needed. I spend hours on that game.

3. macrumors 65816

Movies,TV episodes, Books, Music, Solitaire and my favorite Numbers. You could write someone a letter with Pages or compose some holiday cards.

4. macrumors regular

Stotka

I don't read books much. But iBooks on flights helps a lot. Or I dl lots of manga with Manga BDR and then I read them.
    As games go. Get Sword and sworcery EP, Sonic CD, Mirrors edge, Scribblenauts... There are lots of free apps that can get you hooked for hours.

5. macrumors 603

blueroom

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not much of a gamer unfortunately. Games like bejeweled are the ones I do play when I get bored... I'm more of a content person... Books and movies, I am loading my iPad with for sure.

7. macrumors G3

rhett7660

You can always load up your iPad with pdf's/ebooks/movies/music etc. Zinio, bookman, iBooks and the like.

Most of the stuff out there does require a connection unfortunately. Especially if you want content that someone new.

8. macrumors 601

Depends on who you ask, as it is with any "Which is best?" question, regardless of topic. Care to share your preferences for games and apps? What have you liked? What have you not liked?