What are the chances of...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mjstew33, Jun 13, 2005.

1. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

What are the chances of Apple redesigning the WHOLE iBook line, changing it completley - - - TOMMOROW!

I've been dying for an iBook..

It is long over due and ... I can't wait any longer!

I'm a student going into highschool, wanting to do the best I can, and I believe that an iBook would help me reach my goals.

When do you think they will update it...

If your ganna say "not another form about this" don't put it...

Thanks...

lilstewart92

2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i think its extremely doubtful that apple will redesign the entire ibook and just bam throw it up there on the page

i think they will wait to have an announcement/keynote to get a chance to introduce it

i doubt that they will just be getting a VRAM and speed bump.

3. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Not very likely. They will more likely be updated later in the summer, perhaps with a big event.

4. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Im 99.999% sure that its not going to updated tommorw let alone a whole new design. Just wait becuse apple is attendeing something around the 24th (sorry mind blank) of June aka June 24th

5. zulgand04 macrumors regular

zulgand04

i would't think they would have a design change untill the transition to intel. like otheres have said it would prolly be mid - late summer or fall before a minor speed boost. but in my opinion not for a while with a redesign.

-Neal

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I like the current design, it's still pretty fresh. The white appeals to me, I like clean designs.

7. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

maybe just a regular update... like 9600 64mb VRAM and 512 RAM standard ummm... 80GB HD standard on 14" and 40GB standard on 12" 1.33GHz on 12" and 1.42-1.5GHz on 14". Bluetooth still BTO. Maybe higher resolution?

What do you think about those??

8. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

Anyone know anything about this? Just curious cause I thought the next event was Paris in September.

9. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

I think your high... Take out the 80 GB standard, the 9600 graphics cards, and your higher resolution ideas, and your almost there. IT will probably be 60 gigs standard and change the graphics card to the same one as in the 12-inch PowerBook and you're there. Bluetooth MAY be standard, considering the iMac has it standard, but thats unlikely :cool:

10. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

Slim. Very very slim.

11. Mr Maui macrumors 65816

Mr Maui

Slightly WORSE than the odds of the Cubs winning the World Series in 2005 without Kerry Wood, Mark Prior and Nomar Garciapara, with Steve Bartman in the stands at every game, and Bill Buckner playing first base, the curse of the billy goat hovering over their heads, all the while wearing wooden clogs and rubber duckie flotation devices, and ...

You get the idea!! :D