What are the coupons for??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by asphalt-proof, Oct 8, 2003.

1. asphalt-proof macrumors 6502a

Ok I did a quick look around the site today so I don't think that this has been asked: What are the coupons for that you get when you purchase a new Mac. I just bought am iMac a couple of weeks ago and there was a card there that had three coupons good for OS software.
    Did I misread? Can I use these for the Panther release. I will get Panther for $70 being an educator but what are those coupons for?
    Thanks all.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Coupons are there just in case Apple decides to use them.

They don't do anything at this time.

arn

3. asphalt-proof thread starter macrumors 6502a

That just seems to be wrong on several levels. :mad:
    If you get a coupon in your Sunday circular the establishment is expected to honor it (I don't know if they are legally required to comply though). A better tactic might be to just give the customer one coupon good for one free upgrade. Especially since a new upgrade comes out every year. It seems reasonable to me.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

It's like the Jedi Master points that you get with Star Wars figures. Being a huge collector I have about 1000 points (about 10-25 per package depending on size) and I called them and they said, "Yeah, those aren't good for anything, they are for just in case we decided to give something away."

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Alright I did know they were coupons i thought they were proof of purchase tickets ...... proof of purchase tickets don't have to have value