what are the spots on my PB screen?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by hkala, Apr 1, 2005.

1. hkala macrumors member

i have a couple white spots on my PB screen.
    they are only visible when the screen is illuminated and kinda look like "little white fluffy clouds" (gotta love the orb!)
    i've had my PB over a year and half?
    do u guys know what those are?

it is getting to the point where all i see are those damn spots.
    can i get rid of them?

2. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

They're a known issue with the AlBooks, which is caused by the LCD mount. Apple should repair these regardless of warranty. Call AppleCare (800-APL-CARE) or head to your nearest Apple Store.

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

4. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

yeah my dad just (finally) sent his PB in on monday for repairs of those spots. Just go to your local apple store (or apple.com), and tell them your problem, you will have to just simply give them your info, and then they will take it from you. It takes about 6 days or so before you get your PB back

5. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

Send Back To Apple

Call Apple and tell them you got whitespots. They know what this is and what to do about it. I had them on my Rev A PB pretty bad. I put up with it for a few months but then decided to call Apple to see if they would fix it. Apparently it was quite widespread, or at least a big enough problem that people were really vocal about it. Apple sent a recovery box and 36 hours later I had my Powerbook back and fully functional. Never had the spots again!

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

what do people do with their computer in their spare time ;) :eek:
    But yea, call apple, some guy was complaining about it when i was at the genius bar a few weeks ago, he said it would take less then a week

7. hkala thread starter macrumors member

so i dropped my PB off on monday and i got it back today, and they cleaned my keyboard and plamrest(which were getting mighty funky!)

dare i say, i got great service from an apple store!

ha.

btw, thanks for the info peeps.

8. matthewr macrumors member

Anyone Else Have This On A Rev. C

I noticed my Rev. C 15 inch (1.33 GHz) machine is showing the central white spots, but isn't in the list of machines that is covered in the Repair Extension Program. Is anyone else out there having this problem with a Rev. C machine? Just wondering how widespread it is before I contact apple to see what they can do for me.